Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25) >

Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25)

Community

Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25)

Old 10-13-2008, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Shaft 'Em (25) Thread

Well, Saturday afternoon, I spent about 2 hours in the woods with the chainsaw. I opened back up some of my trails that lead to and from my hot stand location. Saw alot of tracks back there. Many of them were big too. I used the branches and logs that I cut to kind of funnel the deer to my stands. I'm letting the area sit for a few days, so I will see what happens. I'm thinking this is going to have a positive effect. Good luck guys.

Brett
Old 10-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Went out for a little bit today at my nanny whacking stand. Saw a woodchuck and heard some hens yelping and then flying up to roost. The temps were in the 70's so its still way to hot out.

30 deer on 17 hunts, 13 fawns, 11 does, 4 bucks and 2 unknown.

Old 10-13-2008, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

Well, had not checked in with the team in awhile. Hunting has been slow for me. I've seen 2 deer in 8 days of hunting. But my luck will change as soon as the white oaks start falling and we get some cool weather. Also, I'm headed to Illinois on 10-29 and I hope to put the team on the board soon.
Old 10-13-2008, 09:25 PM
Fork Horn

good luck, hope to be out this weekend myself
to much going on during the week right now

don
Old 10-14-2008, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, even though there is a full moon, I am going to give hunting a shot tonight. We've had cool temps all day long, so we will see what happens.
Old 10-14-2008, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

decided to go ahead and go out this morning, went to the state park where I'm participating in an antlerless only archery hunt. saw a nice 6 point just as it got legal shooting light, then about three hours later asI was leaving saw a big 8 point walking with a couple of smaller bucks and 4 does, to bad they were to far to reach with the bow. I'd have tried for one of the does if they had been closer. Saw a couple more bucks and 3 does as I got to my truck, they were hanging out in the section of the park that is off limits to hunting. So it wasn't a bad morning at least I know they're out there moving around. I'll have to take my camera next time and get some pictures.

don
Old 10-15-2008, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Last night was a surprisingly decent hunt. I decided to go back to my best spot, and I believe that it was probably a good idea. I had a doe and a button buck come in around 5:45 or so. I decided that I was going to take the doe so I could put some meet in my freezer. So I was about half way into my draw on her, and then I hear some more crunching and she looked over to the area that they came from. I decided to let down my draw in hopes that it would be a nice buck. Well, it was a couple of bucks that came in with each other. I heard somebody asking out in the general bow hunting forum about identical deer. Well these 2 little 4 pointers looked like they were identical. There racks looked exactly the same. I watched all 4 deer interact for a little while, and then the two bucks started to spar with each other. It was pretty neat to watch. I've never had that experiece before. I got out my camera to take a picture, but the battery was dead. I ended up not taking any deer last night. It is a good thing I know these woods like the back of my hand. I usually have my red LED light for when I'm walking out, but I must have left it on last time and the battery was dead on that too! The light for my sight has dead batteries as well. Looks like I need to go buy some batteries.HAHA I'm not sure when the next time I will hunt is going to be, but I know I will be sometime this weekend. So as Caleb does : 3 hunts 7 deer, 4 does, 2 bucks, and a button buck. [8D]
Old 10-15-2008, 12:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sounds like a great hunt Brett! Im working on stands today.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys i just got back from working on my stands. I fixed two of them up and cut shooting lanes, and i hung another as a double for me and my buddy to film each other out of. We plan on doing the filming on Friday. Hopefully we get a good downpour tonight to wash all the scent away.

Also, i set up a mock scrape at each of my two old stands, and three of them at the filming stand. I used Tinks Power Scrape. Im going to be keeping a close eye on them as the season progresses.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Heres a pic of our setup, its hung around 20 foot:

Quick Reply: Official Team Shaft 'Em Thread (25)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.