Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12) >

Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Community

Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Old 11-06-2008, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official TEAM 12 Thread

One positive note is that my cousin (lives on the farm), gave me a call yesterday and saw what he describes as an "absolute monarch". He says he's every bit of 20 inches wide with unbelievable G2's and G3's. Straight typical 12 point frame. He claimed that it's width and tine length exceeds the 200 class 18 point taken off our farm, but the mass would keep the score down. A Booner for sure he said though.

I had seen a 160 class 12 pointer last year, so I'm taking a wild guess that it's the same deer. The downfall is he wasn't on our land, he was crossing the road at the neighbors, but it will just take one good doe and alot of luck.....
Old 11-06-2008, 07:20 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck with him IBH, he sounds like a monster! I'll be heading out tomarow for the afternoon hunt possibly, and ill be hunting until monday night.
Old 11-06-2008, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Get one on the ground blake.

From where he saw him, I'm about 99% sure that he is bedding on the neighbor. I'm not going to set out with realistic hopes of actually seeing him, as alot of luck will have to be involved to get him over to us.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

IBH - dont those deer have a nack for doing the opposite of what we do. I was said, man i wish i could man every stand i have b/c you pick one and then say i should have pick that one!

One hot doe could most definitely bring that big boy in. That is all it takes. I will be out all day tomorrow and then hopefully come back to my house early sunday and take some walks. Maybe find a place that i could hit up after work next week. My dad has been out this week a few times and he has been seeing alot and a few legal bucks but no shots. He said they were not chasing this week too. I am thinking this cold weather coming in is going to get them worked up and ready. Good luck this weekend guys.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

THERE RUTTIN HERE..! Going back out MONDAY night it seams like hunting is a job for me right now i have been in the woods more then my job..NOT COMPLAINING but this not shooting a buck yet has got me pissed.(FRUSTRATED) but im still optomistic ill get him though havent sen him since the rut..the only thing i have going for me is that all the farms surrounding me either dont get hunted or are peolpe that i know and wont shoot him...cause he has a distinct color antlers and has a kicker off the back....I just hope he dosnt get hit by any cars..But he would have to log some MILES to get onto some others property that would put him in some danger of getting shot. But im going to have him.

GOOD LUCK GUYS
(this is the time of year that we have been waiting for)!!!

BH818
Old 11-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

The weather is PERFECT in Illinois. Highs are in the 40's today, but I can't hunt[:'(]. I will be out tomorrow as soon as I can. I'm supposed to be gettinghome around 10:30, so I'm going to shower and drive to the farm and get in a stand. Hopefully be settled in around noon. I'll check back in tomorrow night....hopefully with a success story.
Old 11-09-2008, 10:54 AM
Typical Buck

turkey mounts i said i would post

Old 11-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Typical Buck

strutter

Old 11-09-2008, 10:57 AM
Typical Buck

another view

Old 11-10-2008, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

No good news at all here in Illinois.

I hunted Sunday and no deer sightings. The weather is PERFECT here, but I can't even see a deer for some reason. I really have no idea what to think and I'm almost out of ideas.

To top things off the loggers were in cutting for the first time today....not 100 yards away from my honey hole. I have 7 days scattered over the 2 weeks to hunt so hopefully I can get something done. After that shotgun seasons start up and the hunting gets 2x as hard from there on out.

Quick Reply: Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.