Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12) >

Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Community

Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Old 11-04-2008, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official TEAM 12 Thread

CAMP..Nice buck man congrats. Sorry i havent been on guys ive been HUNTIN HARD. cause here in DE the RUT is on and its on like DONKY HONG was sitting there last night and at 4;30 ish the woods came ALIVE..Bucks chaseing does, bucks gruntin and carryin on..it was INTENSE..havent seen that 10 point he's love sick..seen a TALL 8 point and he came to the Dead RED drag line and cause i was in so dense cover i was sitting kind of in the open and he saw me and took of. But it has been a good couple of days it has gotten warm and raininy...so IDK what is in Store..GOOD LUCK GUYS

BH818
Old 11-04-2008, 07:33 PM
Typical Buck

Ill. it would go on the wall regardless considering i am a taxidermist.here is a buck i mounted saturday its not finished yet i need to paint it

Old 11-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Typical Buck

Looks good to me CAMP!
if i lived in Pa i'd come to you to get any game mounted.
Old 11-05-2008, 06:49 AM
Fork Horn

BH818 - So the dead red worked for you?!?! Too bad about getting busted. I got busted at full draw twice last weekend. I need to be more careful now. Since the leaves are falling, there is not as much cover as before.

Camp, that buck looks good as is! I looked greenville up and is that somewhat north west pa? If so, after i shoot my big buck this year i may have to take a road trip and drop him of to you! haha

Do you have more pictures of your mounts? Also, what do you do if someone wants a deer hide tanned? Do you do that as well? I just sent a hide out to eastcoasttaxidermy in eastern pa to get tanned.
Old 11-05-2008, 09:34 AM
Typical Buck

i send mine to arlington cape in ohio to me a lot better job than east coast. JMO ill post some pics later of some turkey i have done

john
Old 11-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

CAMP

That deer looks very good, seems like you do some pretty good work. Is that the semi-sneak?How much does a deer head run out there?

My cousin is a taxidermist here in Illinois and give me a "discount" on mine. However for $300 it is still cheaper than anywhere else around here that I could go to. I finally took up turkey hunting this past year and killed a pretty decent bird, but opted not to get it mounted. I wish I would have. I'm going to try to chase them with my Mathews this season and will definantly be putting that one up.
Old 11-06-2008, 04:42 AM
Fork Horn

Camp - Ill have to look them up. This was my first hide I decided to get done and looked on line and found them. I didnt know of any others. I am open for suggestions. I guess ill test out ECT and then maybe the next one send off to AC. I built a log bed and want to hang the hide over the foot end of it. I think that will look pretty cool or just lay it on the floor by the foot end. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

PA yeah the Dead Red worked, it worked really well but like i said i had to stay a little lower in the tree what i didnt want to do but i had to casue if i went higher he would have skylined my quicker the what he did i think he caunt me standing up cause if he would have presented the shot i may have taken it. But yeah DEAD RED....this stuff works. THANKS ALOT

BH818
Old 11-06-2008, 02:24 PM
Fork Horn

Thats good to hear man. You never know what them whitetails are gonna do. I had that one come in last Friday picture perfect and just before the shot he busted me. I hate when that happens b/c then i play the should'a game and keep saying i should'a done this and i should'a done that! The weather is cooling off this weekend so hopefully that will get the big boys moving! Ill be putting out some dead red and some blind date.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys I don't know what's going on here. Things should be rolling, and tonight nothing. Cold front coming in, falling baramoter, perfect wind, and NO DEER. Not really sure what to think.

I wanted to hunt a particular stand that I have left alone. The only time I hunted it was when I passed on the 115 incher 10 pointer that we got on video. I was getting ready and the wind was wrong. So I hurried up loaded up the 4 wheeler and said my prayers that I wouldn't meet any cops on my way to the farm. After a VERY quick trip, I was settled into a stand. Things just seemed right. The scrapes around there were still being worked, and many fresh tracks were there. NO DEER THOUGH. Nothing. On my way out I was walking along the field edge back to the 4 wheeler and I smelt that buck smell. I was right in front of another stand I have hung along the field, and looked and not 5 yards away is a freshly worked scrape.[:@]

Oh well I'll be back at it as soon as I can.

Quick Reply: Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.