Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12) >

Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Community

Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Old 10-23-2008, 06:53 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

I am trying to get out after work this week b/c its the last week i will be able to do it. I get home yesterday and get dressed. Just bout to grab my stuff on way out the door my phone rings. Its my brother calling and first thing he says, get on your tracking shoes . He hit a 7pt. So needless to say I drop my bow and grab my bag and jump in the car and haul ars out to where hes at. To get to the point. He got it. It was an 8 point. I videoed the recovery. Not much blood for some reason. I am thinking b/c the shot was almost level with him and it was a little bit high on the deer so most of the bleeding was internal. Pretty wild looking8 pt. Left side is nice but right is all messed up. He double lunged it with a muzzy 4 blade. 1st buck with his new bow he got last year and 1st buck in about a 4 years. Pretty exciting. Ill be out tonight and tomorrow night. BTW, this buck was slowly trailing 4 does and lightly grunting. Things are looking good

Here he is.

Him and I
Old 10-23-2008, 07:57 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

ORIGINAL: BOWHUNTER818

The first deer i ever shot....matter of fact i think it was one of the first times ever hunting i had spine shot a doe and she let out that blood curdaling cry it was crazy..IBH im not hunting for the rest of the week between the WIND and RAIN it has been 35mph for the last two days and supposed to rain FRI,SAT& SUN so MONDAY i will be out it has been getting really cool here though so thats good..been putting out some droplets of DEAD RED from my boy PA and seems to work rather well..so im a happy camper right now cant wait for that RUT to kick in..[8D]

BH818
So its working for you, that is great!

I am going to start putting out some dead red this week. I am also going to slightly rattle and throw out some light grunts. I think its on the verge of the rut. My buddy shot and 8 pt yesterday morning and he said he bleated and grunted and it came running in.
Old 10-23-2008, 02:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official TEAM 12 Thread

hmthtrfan, CAMPFOURCORNER, joejoepeck....any updates on how your season has been going?

I'm not in the woods again....RAIN for the next few days. Hopefully will be able to get a morning hunt in Sunday with a decoy.
Old 10-23-2008, 05:15 PM
Typical Buck

Thats a real cool buck! ill be going out saturday, and sunday, hopefully ill get a big buck to come in range this weekend!
Old 10-23-2008, 08:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Tell your BRO congrats thats a NICE deer i would have shot him aswell has alot of Character...Is that the same property that you hunt on as well?? Do you hunt together?

Tell Him Congrats

NICK
Old 10-24-2008, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

BH818, Yes I hunt there as well and for the most part we hunt together if we can. Now that hes out of the house and I will be as well this weekend its alot harder to get together. He can get out earlier than me so I tend to go somewhere where no one is hunting so I dont happen to spook any deer around them when coming in.

I got out at like 6pm yesterday. Just as it was getting dark, 1 doe came out into food plot 1 and was feeding. I videoed her for a little then she walked away. Not long after that, a spike came in and fed right to me. He came down the trail 20 yards from me and gave me every opportunity to shoot. Dont you love how them non legal bucks just walk by a broad side all the time! Anyhow, at least I saw something. Ill be back out this evening after work if the weather holds off. Supposed to rain tomorrow here in PA so not sure if ill get out or not. Never fails, my only morning day to hunt and its calling for rain [:@].
Old 10-24-2008, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well good luck i will be back at it on Monday so it should be good its starting to cool off and the Bucks are starting to tend scraps rub lines and some are starting to chase does i hear...NOT ON MY FARM but thats what i hear...

SO GOOD LUCK TO ALL

BH818
Old 10-24-2008, 01:20 PM
Spike

Hey guys just checking in I know it has been awhile. I have been out a couple of times. But I took the first week of Nov. off of work so I will be in the woods most of that time. I'll get the big one then hopefully
Old 10-24-2008, 06:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

joejoe I too am of for 7 days scattered throughout the first 2 weeks of November.

Went out tonight. It was raining but I didn't feel like sitting at home so I headed to a field edge. By 4:30 the rain had quit and the sun was out. At 5:30 the funky looking 5 pointer I have video of from a few weeks ago came out and freshened a few scrapes. He stuck around all evening feeding in the clover. At 6:00 6 does came out and I had one ranged at 32 yards when I began to draw and the gig was up. A 7th doe had snuck up behind (and downwind) of me and busted me. They stood out there for 5 minutes blowing at me. Pretty entertaining though, as the 5 point grunted and tried to bump the does. Eventually all left, and then right at dark another doe showed up but no shot.

Going to be back out there on Sunday and hopefully some better news. IM GETTING HUNGRY FOR FRESH BACKSTRAPES!!!
Old 10-25-2008, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

I Can send you some of mine i just smacked a Major NANNY tonight in the RAIN..HUGE nanny...try to get pics only took one or two cause of the rain and tracking to much and it was poring so i will try to get them up loaded...That makes three this year all i need is that 10 point

MAN I FEEL GOOD

BH818

Quick Reply: Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.