Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12) >

Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Community

Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Old 12-01-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official TEAM 12 Thread

Also, I'm still waiting on getting my pics of my shotgun buck. I didn't have my camera, so my brother in law took some pics for me and I haven't been able to get them from him yet.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:48 AM
Fork Horn

Well the 1st day of gun season here in PA was pretty bad. Saw 1 freaking deer and it was a button buck running for its life. Out of 4 guys, we saw a total of 9 deer. That is it! I usually see that many in 1 drive. Out of the 9 deer one of us got a nice 9 pt, my dad's buddy. So I guess it wasnt that uneventful. My dad shot a doe this morningout of the stand I was in 1st day. So I guess there are a few more deer left. Back at it again on Saturday.

Heres the 9pt from the first day.

Old 12-04-2008, 07:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thats a nice PA buck right there i used to hunt PA a couple years ago with a couple of my dads buddies and i killed some bucks but they were like MOUNTAIN bucks Huge bodies no racks..but PA tell your buddy congrats thats a fine deer...!

BH818
Old 12-04-2008, 05:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice deer taken in your camp PA. Congrats to the hunter.

Still waiting on pics of my buck[:@]. Can't seem to get my bro in law on the ball and get them uploaded.

The second wave of shotgun season runs from today-sunday, and then it's all bow from here until mid January. I'm all tagged out with the shotgun, so it's bow or nothing for me now.
Old 12-05-2008, 08:46 AM
Fork Horn

Well here a little story to go along with this buck. My dad's friend (Den) has shot 49 deer and was hoping to getbuck in archery for his 50th. Well he passed up many doe’s this year b/c of that. Near the end of the season he said, I need a deer and finally decided to take a doe; however none gave him any opportunity. So he broke his 11 year ‘deer with bow streak’ b/c of this. So Monday I hear some shots from over his way. I give it a few mins and call him on the radio. No response. So I call my brother on the cell and nothing. Then I call my dad and he said that wasn’t him or my brother and he had not heard back from Den. So I try the cell. At that moment he calls me on the radio and just says "I just shot a monster"So now I don’t feel like sitting in my stand anymore and get down and head over to help him. I look at it and say, you have to get that mounted. He’s like I already have 2 and don’t really know where I would put it. I am like it doesn’t matter. To get your biggest deer so far and for it to be your 50th you have to mount this one! So needless to say the outcome is that it is going on the wall. Here is a picture of my brother, Den (killer), and my dad.

Old 12-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Checking in guys, I am taking the bow out one more time tomorrow, after that I'll switch to the Thompson/Center for a while.Talk to y'all later.

Those are some goodpics and a reallygreat story PaBowSniper.

Trae
Old 12-07-2008, 06:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

No such luck, although I did have a picture of "my" buck on the camera out there. He's probably gonna stay nocturnal until the rut. Talk to y'all later.

Trae

Old 12-09-2008, 06:24 AM
Fork Horn

Thats a nice looking buck Goose. When does the rut usually start down there in AL?

Good luck with the T/C
Old 12-10-2008, 11:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Don't count me out yet boys.

Had an encounter with a 120ish 8 pointer this morning chasing a doe. This weekend should be some pretty decent action as some of the bucks are breaking off and crusing a little still. I doubt I will be able to make it out again though until after the 18th.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

WELL GUYS i had my first BOO-BOO this year....i was sitting last night in one of my hedge row stands hopeing to see something, cause there was or (is) a front that came through that was bringing RAIN alot of rain so i set up in this little hedge row hopeing to catch a buck or a doe passing by and as dark approched i had seen nothing as i was expecting cause it has been unseasonably warm here..about 10 minutes before darkout steps a big 10 or 12 point i dont think it was the same 10 i have been chaseing but back to the story..he was mseing around and it was almost dark he was standing out a 40 yrds a comfortable range for me so i draw back and let fly.....and that arrow sailed over his back by like 2 inches i dont know if he heard it comeing i dont know he wasnt alert calm an a cucumber...i just dont know i was so pissed off he should have been in the truck...but that about highlights my season..But i still got a while before my BOW season ends..so im not down and out yet..

BH818

Quick Reply: Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.