Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12) >

Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Community

Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Old 10-18-2008, 09:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Goose. How'd it go?!?
Old 10-18-2008, 10:15 AM

Hey guys...just checking in...as u know i have my buck already and i was checkin to see how u guys are doing....Should be getting really good the next 2-4 weeks with the pre rut over and the rut getting scary close...good luck to u all, look forward to reading all your stories and seeing pics of bone.... I am still in the woods, slick head hunting. I've never shot my buck this early in the season (sept 19) before, i feel kinda lost, but as long as i can keep stickin something, i'll be alrightlol...Good luck all, should be interesting the next few weeks....
Old 10-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: jkcmerg

Hey guys...just checking in...as u know i have my buck already and i was checkin to see how u guys are doing....Should be getting really good the next 2-4 weeks with the pre rut over and the rut getting scary close...good luck to u all, look forward to reading all your stories and seeing pics of bone.... I am still in the woods, slick head hunting. I've never shot my buck this early in the season (sept 19) before, i feel kinda lost, but as long as i can keep stickin something, i'll be alright lol...Good luck all, should be interesting the next few weeks....

Jkcmerg isnt it earn a buck up where your at too? or is it one buck and one doe?
Old 10-18-2008, 10:28 AM

no, we're in 'heard control' up here...no earn a buck, 1 buck tag and 2 doe tags with license, additional doe tags at $2.00 each unlimited. There is early gun season doe only going on right now through sunday, so i will probably not get out this weekend. I just don't get as excited about gun season since i have started bow hunting. I still go, but i hunt different locations than i do with my bow...
Old 10-19-2008, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

No deer. I had a great morning though. The full moon had them walking all night. This weekend will be better.

Trae
Old 10-19-2008, 03:56 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: jkcmerg

no, we're in 'heard control' up here...no earn a buck, 1 buck tag and 2 doe tags with license, additional doe tags at $2.00 each unlimited. There is early gun season doe only going on right now through sunday, so i will probably not get out this weekend. I just don't get as excited about gun season since i have started bow hunting. I still go, but i hunt different locations than i do with my bow...
that why i didnt hunt also, doe only and you have to wear ornage[:'(] I should get out next weekend though.
Old 10-19-2008, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got to hunt over a clover field with the camera man tonight. Saw a total of 6 does but no bucks. Had a doe at 50 yards and decidedI was going to take the shot. Waited until she stopped to feed and settled my pin on her. MISS!!!! First shot of the year for me and I shoot high. Played the video back and it showed she jumped the string badly.

Anyways, I think I will be able to get out a few times this week. Some scrapes are starting to show up around the field edges, but buck activity during the day has been down from reports I've heard around the area.

Goose---It's good that you've finally got out there. Now let's get some bone on the ground.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah ITS COOL HERE...going out tmmrow night going to put some of the DEAD RED on one of the scrapes to see if i cant get some action tmmrow night...That **** is STRONG..so ill try to make something happen glad you guys are goin out and IBH dont feel bad i missed a doe at 62 yrds but that was after i had 2 slick heads down..but i still missed thats why they call it hunting and not killin right..

i will fill you guys in tmmrow night..GOODLUCK TO ALL

BH818
Old 10-21-2008, 08:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

NO luck last night....this frickin buck is kickin my ass..keeps givin me the slip...had him at 80 yrds all night he tended some scraps then would eat....AND THANKS PA (where ever you may be) that dead red brought him out last night...i dripped it on about 6 scraps and that scent had him worked up you could tell, cause this is a MELLOW deer and man his ears were layed back and he looked pissed..I dont want to shot him with the gun...its almost like cheating to me but i might have to...He's SMART i keep moving he keeps changeing patterns" I MOVE HE MOVES" frustrateing...

BH818
Old 10-21-2008, 08:35 AM
Fork Horn

Hey all,
Just wanted to check in since I have not in a little while since I left my one job and just started my other job yesterday. Unfortunately I have no good news. I finally saw some bone however they were not legal. A 5pt and a 3 pt and another little one. The 3 point was pretty cool. He came directly under my stand and sniffed my tree. I videoed the whole thing right down through my platform.
I took a week off in between jobs and all i saw that was in shooting range was 1 doe. I missed her too! Oh well, get it out of my system. I sat in my climber stand for 12 hours last Wednesday and saw 1 deer like 70 yards off running for like 2 seconds. Pretty frustrating when I was out all day.
I am not getting out as much now b/c of this new job and the fact that its an hr from my house and that they want me to stay till like 5pm. I am working to get out at 4 this week so I can get in the woods after work. I will be moving closer to my job on Sunday and don’t have any places to hunt out here yet.
Good luck with the dead red!
BowHunter, I have no clue how you were able to hold back a shot on that buck. That had to be tough. I don’t think I could have done it. Now that is some team spirit! Go get’em!

Quick Reply: Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.