Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12) >

Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Community

Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Old 09-26-2008, 12:39 PM

Default RE: Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Just wanted you guys to know Im still around. Things have been real hectic lately as I have just changed jobs and havent had a chance to log on. Things are getting settled and I should be able to log on more often. Our season opened the 15th and I was able to go Sat morning and evening. I saw a pretty nice 8 pt on both hunts. He was moving through pretty fast that morning and didnt offer a shot, that evening I went back and he came out again but he caugth my wind and got nervous. I am going back after him in the mornign and have a another spot I will be trying tomorrow afternoon.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good BACKSTRAP

I've been shooting my bow every night when I get home from work now. My groups have been softball size at 50 so I say I'm good to go.I'm going out this Saturday after work to run a final check on my stands and then set my cameras up over some soybean fields. I CANT WAIT FOR NEXT WEDNESDAY!!!!!
Old 09-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys just got back from hunting, and i ended up with a small doe! i saw a real nice buck but he was about 60 yards away and stayed about that far out.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Fork Horn

Way to get some meat in the freeze Blake.

I made it out Saturday morning. It was a great morning. I did not see a deer, unfortunately. My food plot #2 is finally starting to come up. Finally getting some much needed rain. The forecast looks good for Saturday. That is the 1st day we can shoot a buck.

I also made a mock scrape and put out some nosy whitetail scent in it. I will keep you all updated. I have my camera over top of it. Hoping I get some nice photos J

Old 09-29-2008, 07:09 PM
Typical Buck

heres my does, we butchered it tonight.

also speaking of food plots, my food plot is coming up real nice and pretty thick.

Old 09-29-2008, 07:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good work BLAKE

A cold front is moving through Illinois right now and the weather should be great for the opener. I will be getting off at noon and after a few quick chores I will be overlooking a soybean field.Out of this same field last year I rattled in a 140 10 pt, saw a really tall 130 8 pt. about 3 or 4 times, and also had a 150/160 class 10-12 pt. moving right after daylight about 100 yards off.

It's an awesome spot and I can't wait to get settled in up there. I won't hesitate to drop a doe if one wanders to close though.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:29 PM
Typical Buck

tomarow the cold front will be here too, im taking off a few hours early from school to go out and try and get a buck, weather should be perfect!!!
Old 09-30-2008, 07:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys i havent been around my FREAKIN COMPUTER wouldnt bring the sight up for some reason i had another encounter with that 10 point Yesterday night hes was feeding out of the woods to the right of me and then turns broadside and feeds across. So i just about jumped out of my socks cause i thought i was going to get a shot. But NO he feeds in a zig-zag pattern and finally when he presented me a shot he was 68 yrds away TO FAR. But at least im seeing him still and in good time he will slip up and hopefully i will be on stand..

BLAKE nice doe man...congrats!! How far out was she??

Going back out tmmrow or thursday gun season opens up for (DOES ONLY) OCT3rd then ML season OCT10th so i need to get crackin before the smoke poles go off!!!

BH818
Old 09-30-2008, 08:58 AM
Fork Horn

Its getting close for everyone now

Made a few more mock scrapes yesterday and put the camera over a real scrape that i freshend up. Going to check them on thursday. Hopefully they bring in some prospects! Picked out a new spot as well. Seeing some good sign.

Good luck to all!
Old 09-30-2008, 01:25 PM

Blake...way to go...nice doe...'backstraps tonite baby'.......

Quick Reply: Official Team Blood Fletch Society (12)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.