Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Death From Above Thread (31) >

Official Team Death From Above Thread (31)

Official Team Death From Above Thread (31)

Old 10-31-2008, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 31 Thread

Dang journeyman! Thats to bad with the rut coming and all......bummer
Old 10-31-2008, 09:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man Greg, I hope you heal quickly! Do you have pictures of the buck?
Old 11-05-2008, 02:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

hey guys. The elbow is feeling much better after taking it easy for the past week. I'll be bowhunting again this weekend after taking the ML last weekend. I'm going out from Friday afternoon until tuesday night. I hope I at least see something. I didn't see a thing all last weekend.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alright guys...we got off to a GREAT start and actually had the lead for a very short time. Whats goin on now? This should be starting to take off in the midwest...good luck to all you guys going out! The bucks are going to start to throw care into the wind and become as vulnerable as ever! Lets whack 'em and stack 'em!
Old 11-07-2008, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

I'll do my best to fill a tag. I'll be hunting fron this afternoon until Tuesday afternoon and thw weather is looking favorable.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

good luck tx! Glad to hear your healing well!
Old 11-07-2008, 03:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry, I haven't been on in awhile. Went muzzleloader hunting for a few days with some friends and had some bad luck.

2 guys shot deer one buck and one doe, but both made bad shots. One guy shot through the middle of the chest of a nice 10 point buck and we even found a bone out of the deer. I will try to post pics later of the bone. There was lots of blood, but eventually the trail died out of hours ofsearching.

The other guy had just a few speks of blood from the doe, and once again we looked for hours. I was really bummed out about this, because 2 deer are dead and I hunt super thick woods (backed up to over 1 million acres of thick hill country near Arkansas) which means we won't be finding them.

Oh well.. I will be back in the saddle bow hunting in 2 weeks. This is just going to push me harder.
Old 11-09-2008, 06:08 PM

Been getting out and my area has been having a lot of warm weather. Some nice cold weather has moved in, and just this week have started seeing bucks pushing the does. I have Tuesday and Thursday morning off, so I will be able to get out for morning hunts every other day this week. Went on a four day camp hunt with dad, but never connected, turned real warm while we were there. Ohio's season is long so hopefully things work out!.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:03 AM
Fork Horn

Well I’m back from ten days at our lease. Monday morning my son and I had a NICE 8pt (18’ inside spread 10” G2s) chasing does around and feeding in front of us for an hour. He came as close as 50yds once but that was it. We did get plenty of video.

We watched him go into one of our sanctuaries so I set up that night in a stand on the north edge. I got out early, with the sun beating down on me I thought to early. I was sitting for maybe 20 min when I could see “bones” lit up by the sun about 60yds out in the thick stuff (and It’s all thick stuff). It was the big eight. I hit the grunt tube, nothing. He never looked over! He walked off to the East. 30 min later a smaller shooter eight came in from the east and made a rub and scraped the ground, were I saw the big one, and then went back to the east.

With about 30 min of shooting light left the big boy comes back rips the same scrape up and keeps walking to the south west. I hit the grunt tube again and he finally looks over to me and starts angling to my right, where I have a shooting lane.

As he hits the lane I draw and stop him with a mouth grunt. He’s perfect broadside, I put my 30yd pin on him and let it fly. As I heard a whack I saw a spark right at the vitals. He bolts for a few steps then walks off. As he walks away he dips down in front and I think maybe I got him! I found my arrow lying on top of the weeds with my Rage broad head missing the blades and no blood. I was not happy. Obviously I hit some brush.

I’m glad it was a clean miss. The shot looked clear of any brush until I found my arrow and a saw a few branches not visible from my stand.

More on this 8pt to come………..
Old 11-10-2008, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man...what a close one! Hopefully you can connect with him soon!

Keep at it!

Quick Reply: Official Team Death From Above Thread (31)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.