Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Death From Above Thread (31) >

Official Team Death From Above Thread (31)

Community

Official Team Death From Above Thread (31)

Old 10-03-2008, 08:16 PM

Default RE: Official Team 31 Thread

Congrats on the Buck John!! Nice looking deer for sure!!!

Went out again tonight and seen a bunch of deer. I had a fox pass by and then right behind the fox was a nice big doe. She was about forty yards out heading toward me. She moved behind some brush and I was waiting for her to come out. I look to the left and about fifty yards away is a nice eight pointer, maybe would break 100, not sure. He is looking dead at me, so me and him played the freeze game for about ten minuets. He then slowly retreated and did a big half circle and left. As I watched him walk off I had forgot about the doe, she came out when my back was turned, and when I decided to turn around I was a dead give away, she bolted. Right at sunset had three this years fawns walk by, had a button buck get within about five yards, but he was about sixty pounds at max. Was happy I was able to realize his size before acting to fast.

Good luck guys!

Jason

Old 10-04-2008, 07:48 PM

Did not make it out this morning. Went out this evening and did not see anything. Dad had two does at twenty yards, but said they where small. Be back out Monday.

Old 10-05-2008, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

John, that's a great buck. I only got to hunt for a day and a half and I didn't see any deer at all, which is a first. Oh well.... I will be back out there next week.

However, on my cameras I saw lots of nice big bucks and.................. some black bears in OKLAHOMA!!!!!!!!!!! [:-][:-]I didn't even know we had bears in Oklahoma, but I had 2 of them on my cameras. I will post up pics in a few.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30072543@N05/2915455744/

If you flip through a few of the pics one is of the buck I am chasing. The others have a few pics of the bears.

I can't wait to get back out there after that guy.
Old 10-06-2008, 06:10 AM
Giant Nontypical

well guys I didn't see a deer all weekend although I did put some pork in the freezer. If any of you ever want to hunt pigs you are welcome to join me. I can and will have guests on this property.
Old 10-06-2008, 09:12 AM
Typical Buck

Thanks everyone. I am sure everyone else will get a chance. I know its been warm down here and the movement slow. Its bound to improve.

-john
Old 10-06-2008, 02:12 PM
Fork Horn

Finally a Shooter!

One of the members said he saw a BIG one Saturday night. After seeing this pic he said it's not the same one. The buck he saw was wider and had longer brow tines. He did get some video of it but he's not sure how good.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:24 PM

Went out again tonight, no action on my side, been putting dad in my better stand, would like to see him get one. Am planning on setting up a new ladder this weekon the property that I have hunted from the ground, have seen deer out there every timeI have went out.

Old 10-07-2008, 07:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

well guys I didn't see a deer all weekend although I did put some pork in the freezer. If any of you ever want to hunt pigs you are welcome to join me. I can and will have guests on this property.
I'm to the state to the North of you, and I would love to take you up on that offer soon.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys, I have realized that several of us have not had the chance to see any deer yet, but if we stay after it we will get our chances. After several years of bowhunting I have learned the difference between success and failure is relative to time spent on the stand. Let's just keep our heads up and we will get our chances. Good luck fellas!!!!

Quick Reply: Official Team Death From Above Thread (31)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.