Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Death From Above Thread (31) >

Official Team Death From Above Thread (31)

Community

Official Team Death From Above Thread (31)

Old 09-27-2008, 10:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 31 Thread

ORIGINAL: Robow45

This one?..............I think his mom was a caribou.
LMAO!!!! Either way, it looks like you have some nice shooters.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:15 PM

Went out today and had a pretty good day. This morning they moved real early. Could hear them moving just before legal time, and made out some faint images, but come sunrise they were moved out. Went out to a different spot this evening and had a great time. I had a doe moving just to the left of me, but out of range. Then had two squirrels going to town fighting just behind me, they made a big ruckus and fell out of the tree. Had all I could stand and decided to turn around when they made the big crash right behind me. Bad part was just on the other side of them about thirty yards back was four does. They must have made me when I turned quickly, and since we were in line with the squirrels I was directly in there sight path. A few big blows and they trotted off. Dad seen a single doe and then three does and a buck, but no good shots were presented, said they was moving and only stopped a few times. He also seen a nice gray fox come in real close. Good luck guys.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

WellI didn't get a shot off over the weekend. I did get busted by a couple of does and some feral hogs. russell also got busted. We were facing swirling winds all weekend. I had feral hogs within 10 yds of me and my longbow but never had a shot opportunity. There were also acorns falling like rain in the scrub oaks. This is a 400 acre property. 300 acres of scrub oaks and 100 acres of pasture. We didn't have nearly enough time to find out where they were in the thick stuff. I'll be hunting east Texas this weekend and I think it will be an easier hunt.
Old 09-29-2008, 11:49 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

LMAO!!!! Either way, it looks like you have some nice shooters.
so far this years t-cam pics are down. Last year we had pics like this one

I hadhim at 50yds last year. Wenamed him SOX. I hope he made it!
Old 09-29-2008, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

Hey what do you guys shoot?

Old 09-29-2008, 06:37 PM

Went out again tonight. A front was coming in and thought it would show up at sunset, but it came a little soon. Did not mind the rain to much, but then the lightning let loose so I packed up. Only seen one squirrel.

Old 09-30-2008, 02:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

My weekend plans have changed a bit. Rather than being in campfrom Thursday night until Sunday morning, I'll be going out Friday until Sunday. My wife and daughter are going with me to camp for the weekend so I won't get to go earlier in the week. I had planned on taking vacation time from noon Thursday on. Instead I'll take vacation days on the 15th and 16th. I already have a comp day for the 17th and then the 18th & 19th are the weekend . So Although I won't get out as much this weekend I'll still have plenty of time in the woods. It will be nice to have the family with me too. Oh, I will get out on the weekend of the 13th and 14th as well. I will hunt every weekend in Oct.
Old 10-01-2008, 10:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

ORIGINAL: robbcayman

Michael, when you get him I want to see some pics. It sounds like you have found a sweet spot and it's only a matter of time before he messes up.
Rob, i just hope that he is a shooter. The rub is pretty big, so i do know that he is a good buck, but I dont know exactly how big. Im excited to check the camera thats for sure. I think were going to give that stand a couple days off then slip back in there.
Checked the camera this morning after the hunt. We had good movement this morning saw 9 bucks and 9 does but no shooters. The camera took 63 pictures, but nothing impressive on the scrape, just does and small bucks. The nice buck had freshened the rub though so i know he has been back.

Shawn and I are headed to IL tomorrow so maybe he will show up on camera while were gone!
Old 10-02-2008, 05:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Hey guys. Another change of plans. I'm leaving work at 11:00, going home and picking up the camper and a few items that aren't packed yet and heading to deer camp in east Tx. I'll be back monday or HOPEFULLY sooner if I get one on the ground.
Old 10-02-2008, 08:15 AM
Fork Horn

Sorry guys haven't posted in a while but just wanted to touch base before the PA opener this Sat. Good luck to all the guys hunting already and Mike have a safe trip to Illinois. Leave at least 1 buck for me when I head out there in Nov.

Quick Reply: Official Team Death From Above Thread (31)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.