Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37) >

Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

Old 11-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

YES ON THE LATE MUZZLELOADER SEASON, SAME AS 2ND ARCHERY SEASON DEC 26TH THRU JAN 10TH.

NO INLINES THOUGH / FLINT LOCK ONLY!!!!!!!
AT LEAST YOU HAVE SOME MEAT FOR THE FREEZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL EXTEND THE DEAL FOR NEXT YEAR AS WELL
COME ON DOWN I'LL PUT YOU UP AND PUT YOU OUT BEHIND THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO GET YOUR LICENSE EARLY SO YOU CAN GET A DOE TAG SENT IN - AUGUST IS TIME TO SEND IN FOR THE DOE TAGS
Old 11-25-2008, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

WE SLIPPED OUT OF THE TOP 10 - NOW 13TH!!
Old 11-25-2008, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

Well guys, I tried to close the deal last Saturday in Ohio but he caught me drawing and trotted off.
He wasn't the biggest buck I've seen this year but, I just wanted to take one for the team. I'll have to wait until after the gun season now and that's only if I don't take one with a gun. I'm not a real big gun hunter but I sure have put a lot of long and cold hours in this year and I'm ready to get a buck.
Old 11-26-2008, 08:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MATHEWS PA BOWHUNTER

YES ON THE LATE MUZZLELOADER SEASON, SAME AS 2ND ARCHERY SEASON DEC 26TH THRU JAN 10TH.

NO INLINES THOUGH / FLINT LOCK ONLY!!!!!!!
AT LEAST YOU HAVE SOME MEAT FOR THE FREEZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I WILL EXTEND THE DEAL FOR NEXT YEAR AS WELL
COME ON DOWN I'LL PUT YOU UP AND PUT YOU OUT BEHIND THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!

YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE TO GET YOUR LICENSE EARLY SO YOU CAN GET A DOE TAG SENT IN - AUGUST IS TIME TO SEND IN FOR THE DOE TAGS
I put a pig NY buck (body, not rack) in the freezer right along next to the doe ... so I will be looking for one more doe this weekend and when late bow comes, I will try fora buck ...

next year we will definitely hook up .....remind me in July so I can land a doe tag as well .......
Old 11-27-2008, 03:07 PM

thought I would drop a line or two...haven't had time to play on here much anymore...hunted several days last week, passed on a few small bucks...good to see everyone doing well
Old 12-01-2008, 04:45 PM
Typical Buck

Well i took my 8 year old son out today and he came close to shooting his buck!!!!!!!!! I think it was just bad luck though!!!!!1

at 0725am this mornin, this buck ( i dont know how big ) came in while it was blowin and snowin up a storm. It was hard to see him. When i got the buck to stop he stopped behind a large tree with just his rear end showing (no Shot). Cj says i can't shoot him he is behind a tree. The deer moves past us a little more , i get him to stop again behind some brush cj can't find him in the scope, the buck moves again, i get him to stop again. Again can't find him in the scope, the buck walks out of our lives for good.

Dad is proud of him for not shooting. I think Heunderstands alot more than i what i thought he did before!!!!!!!!!!!!

We will be out wed, thurand frieveninglooking again!!!!!!!!!

maybe a 4 point?
Old 12-02-2008, 04:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well i took my 8 year old son out today and he came close to shooting his buck!!!!!!!!! I think it was just bad luck though!!!!!1

at 0725am this mornin, this buck ( i dont know how big ) came in while it was blowin and snowin up a storm. It was hard to see him. When i got the buck to stop he stopped behind a large tree with just his rear end showing (no Shot). Cj says i can't shoot him he is behind a tree. The deer moves past us a little more , i get him to stop again behind some brush cj can't find him in the scope, the buck moves again, i get him to stop again. Again can't find him in the scope, the buck walks out of our lives for good.

Dad is proud of him for not shooting. I think Heunderstands alot more than i what i thought he did before!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe a 4 point?
Chris, in NY the kids have to be 14 before they can deer hunt[:@]...it's great that your son is already starting to learn the ways of the woods and the whitetail!!!

I'll be prayin he lays one down bigger than Dad's bowkill
Old 12-02-2008, 01:35 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

maybe a 4 point?
Chris, in NY the kids have to be 14 before they can deer hunt[:@]...it's great that your son is already starting to learn the ways of the woods and the whitetail!!!

No need to wink, that would be just fine by me that he would lay one down bigger than my bow kill, in fact i'm hoping and prayin that he does just that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But any Buck will do[8D]

PGC, started a program last year that children under age 12 can kill a buck (spike or better) without a hunting license. A licensed hunter 21 years old or better with them, only one gun between the two of them oh yea only one child. You make your own tag and send in the data to the PA GAME COMM in harrisburg, Pa. Its called the Youth Mentor Season.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:08 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: PreacherTony

maybe a 4 point?

No need to wink, that would be just fine by me that he would lay one down bigger than my bow kill, in fact i'm hoping and prayin that he does just that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But any Buck will do[8D]

PGC, started a program last year that children under age 12 can kill a buck (spike or better) without a hunting license. A licensed hunter 21 years old or better with them, only one gun between the two of them oh yea only one child. You make your own tag and send in the data to the PA GAME COMM in harrisburg, Pa. Its called the Youth Mentor Season.
That would be great if NY did that ..... I know you are rootin for him to top your best ,,,, I can tell you are that kind of Dad ...

BTW ... anyone hear from our long lost captain?
Old 12-03-2008, 10:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

You know PT, IF you were a good dad, you would have bought that place for your son to hunt and fish with you in God's Country! BUUUUT NOOOOO, yer just a city slicker who wants to be a weekend warrior!

Quick Reply: Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.