Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37) >

Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

Old 10-27-2008, 06:51 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

PT
I'm on vacation from Nov 05th til Nov 16. i go back to work on the 17th of Nov.

Other wise I'll be in a tree somewhere in NW PA.

i'm free for whatever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This past Saturday the 25th was just terrible for the deer. But I did have a great Afternoon with my Son. The deer movement was crappy though. It was rainning all morning (pouring) i got soaked. My 8 year old son hadasked if i could take him with me on Saturday Afternoon. We go out and we didn't see anything moving. I had a great time playing tic tac toe on an ech a scetch.
Old 10-27-2008, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

wis bow,

Did you recoveryour doe? Hopefully you did. Congrats if you did!

lets see a pic
Old 10-28-2008, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I got back from Ohio last night. No buck this trip. I did pass on another 2-1/2 year old 8 point, beautiful buck though.
We're heading back out on the 7th of November. It should be primetime.
I agree with MATHEWS PA BOWHUNTER deer movement wasn't great this past weekend.
The pre-rut should be starting any day. I did see one buck chasing a doe but he came back a half hour later.
I think our team isgetting real close to start racking up points. Lord willing and the creek don't rise.
Scott
Old 10-28-2008, 06:49 PM
Typical Buck

This past weekend was terrible for deer hunting here in WI. Butit was a good night tonight. 12 deer with a couple of them being nice bucks and 1 buck was very nice. 9 point with a crap claw on the right side. He was at 12 yards broadside. I pulled back but was not comfortable with the amount of light I had available and he walked. I hope I get another chance. Well god luck to all
Old 10-29-2008, 06:38 PM
Typical Buck

Well two days ago as i was driving down a dirt road close to my house. This area is where i hunt. I had a black Critter scamper across the road. As i went by i looked into the woods and saw a mother bear with her two cubs.

Oh yea we got 10 inches of the white stuff today. I would have been out hunting but i had to clean up several branches that fell in my backyard from a couple of pine trees.

I'll be out tommorrow afternoon, can't wait!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-30-2008, 02:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

What a beautiful night!! I would love to be out there, but there is a certain young man I have to watch ....... tomorrow should be it to get full custody .... we are going out to celebrate tomorrow night as a family, so no hunting then either .... next time for me will be Saturday ... and every possible waking moment after that
Old 10-31-2008, 01:56 PM
Typical Buck

PT,
GOOD FOR YOUR FAMILY AND ANDREW!!!!!!!!!

I got great news for team IN GOD WE TRUST!!!!

BIG BUCK DOWN!!!!!!!! 8 Point - Halloween Buck

I don't have pics yet!!! I had togo towork. In fact i'm at work typing this.

Last night i went to my favorite spot and didn't see a thing. I left my climber attached to the tree.I made it to the tree this mourning about 0700 and was hunting at 0710Just as it was turning light out. It said it was 23 degrees as i was driving to my spot in my truck. The snow on the ground was very crunchy as i was walking in. As i got settled into myclimber, I started a rattling sequence and some grunting from my grunter. 20 minutes later i did it again. About 5 minutes after i grunted i usedmy doe in heat estros can call. Iwas looking in one direction and then looked into another direction and saw a deer moving straight towards me.He was approx. 60 yards out. He came into about 25 yards and turned to hisleft. He walked behind a small tree, as i drew my bow he stopped about 15 yards out and his vitals were covered up with a couple of small limbs. He needed to make one more step and he would be mine. He then walked through and stopped out at 13 yards behind a tree with a " V " in it. I put my 20 yard pin on him and let it fly. I heard the "TWACK"
saw him spin and run like the wind. About 40 yards he slowed and then started to walk. I got a little nervous at that point. Then i saw him get week in the knees, he started to wooble and then he disappeared behind a group of trees. I heard a thump on the snow. I figured he was down but was not 100% sure. As i climbed down i turned the climber to a different side of the tree and saw my buck down with my binos. He only went 50 yards before he dropped.

i'll get pics in or if i could e mail them to someone again and i'll get my score posted i still have to score him here and send those measurements in also.

Team # 37 on the board!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK YOU GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-31-2008, 09:20 PM

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to you. Sounds like you made an absolutely perfect shot on him. So great when you can be certain they are down. I can't wait to see the pics. You can email them to me again and I'll post them, but it wont be until tomorrow afternoon, so maybe someone can get them on faster.

We are on the board, congrats again!!!
Old 11-01-2008, 03:42 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's AWESOME Chris!!!! I'm heading out now ........ send me pics via e-mail and I'll post them when I get back .....if you can, send me a pic on my cell so I can see it

BTW, Andrew is officially ours ......off to the woods I go!!!
Old 11-01-2008, 02:04 PM
Typical Buck

RIGHT LEFT
MB - 18 2/8MB - 18
G1 - 3 2/8G1 - 4 1/8
G2 - 8 1/8 G2 - 8 6/8
G3 - 4 4/8G3 - 4

MASS
H1 - 4 4/8 H1 - 4 1/8
H2 - 3 5/8 H2 - 3 6/8
H3 - 3 5/8H3 - 3 6/8
H4 - 2 4/8 H4 - 2 3/8

OUTSIDE SPREAD - 16 1/4
INSIDE SPREAD - 14 1/2

TOTAL - 111 6/8

Am i adding this up right? or add1 3/4 more for outside spread?
any idea's?

as soon as my wife down loads pic from her camera i'll have pics up!!!!!!

thanks for the congrats

I ADD THE H4 IN THANKS SCOTT

Quick Reply: Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.