Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37) >

Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

Community

Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

Old 11-05-2008, 06:09 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

CONGRATS AGAIN CRAIG GREAT BUCK!!!!!!!!!!!
I'M THINKIN HE'LL BE AROUND 130? GREAT P & Y

WE ARE ON THE SCORE BOARD ONLY 280 1/8 BEHIND FIRST PLACE MINUS CRAIG'S BUCK (150?)

NO PRESSURE THOUGH
Old 11-05-2008, 07:36 PM

I wish 130, 117 and some change, I really thought he was bigger when I let the arrow go, oh well, I'm still happy with him

Keep the ball rollin' boys...
Old 11-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

This is Matt logged in under Greg's user name............

Congrats guys!!!

Sorry I've been a little abscent lately but I've been at it HARD here in Illinois.
The big guys aren't moving yet but I'm seeing some wandering 1.5-2.5's The weather has been suckville with 70's for the last week and straight south winds.[:'(]
We're getting some awesome bucks on trailcam but it's all between 9pm and 3AM. We probably have 5 legitimate 130+" bucks on camera in the last week so they're there. Just need some cold weather to get their big lazy butts out of bed.
I sat sort of a recon style stand last night and spotted a big one come out of a marsh at 500yards. I hung up to intercept him tonight on the path he walked last night and he was a no-show.
Oh well.
We've been at it night and day since last Tuesday but with that hot weather it had a bit of a desperation feel to it.

I did pass a couple tempting 105-110"ish bucks already (one was a neat gnarly 7 or 8pt? that was pestering a doe and grunting up a storm) IF things don't pick up in the next few weeks and one of them wanders by..........???

Greg and I are heading up to "JMbuckhunter's" property a little further north tomorrow through the weekend so we'll have a change of scenery and the weather is supposed to take a turn for the better.
It only take a second to turn it around with a brusier buck.

I'll check in when I can. We'll be at it everyday so hopefully sooner or later I'll make something dead.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

Looks like we've moved up to 8th place now guys. We just need to keep up the momentum and we will have 1st place before you know it.
I'm headed to Ohio again tomorrow. It's supposed to be a really cool weekend which should promote alot of deer movement. As Matt would say, " I'm at full draw and ready to release "
Good Luck this weekend!
Scott
Old 11-06-2008, 09:49 AM

dmax, it should be perfect. Here its been in the 70s for the last 4 or 5 days and very little buck movement. This morning, rain and 50 and I saw 6 different bucks moving...a whole different ball game. The weather will be a great change for you. Good luck
Old 11-06-2008, 12:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Craig, great job once again bud! You are Mr. automatic! Great buck, great job, and I wish you continued success and great times
Old 11-06-2008, 06:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

MATHEWS PA...Seasons been great..it started sooo slow but the last week and a half has been incredible. Outside of one little slip up while running late to a hunting spot []..You got any pull, with your Trooper Buddies across State lines?? . Great guy and a hunter we talked for quite a while, but alasno break was coming my way.. 19 MPH over 1st in 10+ years [:'(]
Old 11-08-2008, 02:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

OK boys ....this is the week I get to hit it hard. I have today (Saturday), Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday for all day sits ....... Wednesday and Friday for evening hunts then gun season starts. I'll be able to hunt more this week that the previous 3 weeks since the short NY season has been open ......best week to be out there!!!!
Old 11-10-2008, 03:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Saturday produced not even a sighting for me

Snow fell last night and everthing has a coating on it ...heading out now

Tomorrow I will be going on a property I usually only get asked to ML hunt on ....... I'm excited, as this guy shot a 150"er last year, and has seen a bigger one this year ...Gr8 ...you may have to give your bow to the church after all
Old 11-10-2008, 07:53 AM
Typical Buck

i out turkey hunting these days now but no turkey as of yet!!!!!!!!!!!

we have snow again also

Quick Reply: Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.