Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37) >

Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

Community

Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

Old 11-03-2008, 07:55 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

It looks like we're in 20th place now.
It's all up from here guys. I'm heading to Ohio on Friday.
It should be primetime. Good Luck to all.
Chris got this thing started now let's keep it rolling.
Scott
Old 11-03-2008, 10:57 AM
Typical Buck

The snow was gone later that day andover night. It reached 55 degrees when i was running him all around town showing him off. The next day it reached 62 and has been around the same since so all the snow is gone for now but it will be back shortly

thanks for the congrats everyone, It was a long dry spell since the last buck i shot with a bow. I think it was in 2002!!!!!!! 03 - 04 was a rifle
05 tag sandwitch 06 - 07 rifle season
Old 11-03-2008, 10:33 PM

Great buck Chris, and a very nice picture.

After three consecutive days of 75 degrees and windy conditions, things came together tonight for me. With the temps we've been having the buck activity has really been knocked back and is mainly occuring at night I think. Tonight I went to a new stand that hadn't been hunted all year. It is consistently one of my best stands because its a great natural funnel. I had actually just put my grunt call back into my pack and was minutes away from climbing down when I could hear a deer approaching.

I attached my release and stared at the sound as it kept getting closer and closer. Finally a buck materialized, nose to the ground and at a steady walk on the trail I was watching, 18 yards dead ahead. Unfortunately the winds were swirlingand about 3 steps before he hit my shooting lane he stopped dead in his tracks, and whipped his head around and stared right at me.Although I thought thewind was in my face, he knew something was up.Although not in my ideal shooting lane his chest was centeredperfectly in a9 inchgap between two small trees.Already at full draw,I tweaked the bow ever so slightly until the pin centered above his front leg, and I touched the release.
At the shot he a did an absolutely beautiful classic mule kick as the Buzzcut cleared through him with ease. He bolted about 40 yards, stopped and started to fall, caught himself for a second and then started to fall the other direction but couldn't recover from this one. Perfect double lung. He's a 10 point with identical split G2s.

Old 11-04-2008, 05:44 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Craig,

great buck

I started something good for team IN GOD WE TRUST!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-04-2008, 06:58 AM
Typical Buck

AWESOME Man, Congrats! The team is slowly creeping up in the standings, it's up the rest of us to keep the momentum rolling
Old 11-04-2008, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

posted my score, hope to see it up soon
Old 11-04-2008, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

What an Awesome Buck Craig. Great Story! Can't wait to see what he scores.
We are on a roll guys, let's keep this thing going.
Scott
Old 11-04-2008, 06:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Chris, Great Buck and Many Congrats. Bet your son was excited. Thats awesome man !
Old 11-04-2008, 08:59 PM

Thats right guys, Chris finally broke the ice for us....now lets make these next 2 weeks special.
Old 11-05-2008, 04:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MNpurple

Great buck Chris, and a very nice picture.

After three consecutive days of 75 degrees and windy conditions, things came together tonight for me. With the temps we've been having the buck activity has really been knocked back and is mainly occuring at night I think. Tonight I went to a new stand that hadn't been hunted all year. It is consistently one of my best stands because its a great natural funnel. I had actually just put my grunt call back into my pack and was minutes away from climbing down when I could hear a deer approaching.

I attached my release and stared at the sound as it kept getting closer and closer. Finally a buck materialized, nose to the ground and at a steady walk on the trail I was watching, 18 yards dead ahead. Unfortunately the winds were swirlingand about 3 steps before he hit my shooting lane he stopped dead in his tracks, and whipped his head around and stared right at me.Although I thought thewind was in my face, he knew something was up.Although not in my ideal shooting lane his chest was centeredperfectly in a9 inchgap between two small trees.Already at full draw,I tweaked the bow ever so slightly until the pin centered above his front leg, and I touched the release.
At the shot he a did an absolutely beautiful classic mule kick as the Buzzcut cleared through him with ease. He bolted about 40 yards, stopped and started to fall, caught himself for a second and then started to fall the other direction but couldn't recover from this one. Perfect double lung. He's a 10 point with identical split G2s.

Craig, that is one AWESOME buck!!!!Congrats my brutha from anotha mutha!!!!

Pressure is mounting now ....... 4 day weekend coming up!!!!

Quick Reply: Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.