Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37) >

Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

Community

Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

Old 09-23-2008, 07:06 PM

Default RE: Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

I was off the last two days so went back to home to hunt. Saw a quite a few deer and although no antlers, was able to tag about a 1.5 year old doe Monday night. She was at 12 yards eating acorns with a very steep downwardshot angle. The arrow went in just this side of her spine and exited in her opposite front legarmpit. I got the classic mulekick and she died on a dead run at about 50 yards. So nice to see them drop in sight!

Sorry for thehorrible picture, I usually like them cleaned up a little better and positioned nicer but she coughed alot up through the mouth and the mosquitoes were horrible and it was 80 degrees and I was sweating like a pig!!! I just wanted out of there. MN needs a good hard freeze.

Acutally saw quite a few does while hunting but no bucks although there isalot ofrubs showing up. I repositioned a few trees stands in some active funnels as I am off work from October 30-November 8 for the rut. Really looking forward to that. I'm off to Idaho on Friday for 9 days so no hunting for a little while, but then right back at it. Lets here from the rest of you fellas!

Old 09-23-2008, 07:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

Nice,
I guess you guy know I smacked a doe in NC the other day as well..........now I'm just counting down the days until PA's opener. Oct 4th.
washing clothes and getting gear ready to go.

Also trying to get my body ready to go as well.
Just got in from day one of running until I leave for Illinois Oct 27th.
Looking to shed about 10lbs between now ansd then to get back down to 225.

If I don't stroke out here while typing this after running 1.6 miles I think I just might make it to day 2. []
Old 09-23-2008, 07:26 PM
Giant Nontypical

Craig, very nice!!! I'm still waiting for my season to start ... October 18th ....
Old 09-24-2008, 09:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Day #2 of running tonight........another 1.6 miles.
I'm either going to get into decent cardio vascular shape..........or die.[]

So if you guys see me disappear without warning for a few days, yeah i'm probably dead. [&o]

I need to drop 10# by the end of Oct for the 2-3 week marathon that Greg and I put in chasing big bucks day after day with a hand climber treestand. It's pretty grueling but in a fun sort of way.
If you're even a little out of shape though it will kick your butt.
There's one approach we make where we hike in for over a mile with treestands on our backs in the dark before we even get to the woods.[:-]

I'm 6'3" 238lbs now.........should be about 225# come Oct 24th or so. I'll keep ya posted of the progress.

Old 09-24-2008, 10:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just wanted to update you guys. Last weekend I got a little food plot planted and it's got some winter wheat coming up already. It hasn't rained down there yet but the ground was moist enough to get the seed going. It's supposed to be cool during next week's opener and cool on through the weekend. I think I might get to hunt next Friday. Season opens on Wednesday but I gotta stay up here in Missouri and go to class all day Thursday.

If a doe walks by I'm gonna poke her. I need meat for the freezer.

Looks like a few of yall are ahead of me...but not for long...
Old 09-25-2008, 01:08 AM
Typical Buck

MN,
Nice Doe!!! Congrats!!!!

I feel the need for________?

9 more days until i can release an arrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
itchy finger HHHHMMMMMMMM
Old 09-25-2008, 01:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Day #2 of running tonight........another 1.6 miles.
I'm either going to get into decent cardio vascular shape..........or die.[]

So if you guys see me disappear without warning for a few days, yeah i'm probably dead. [&o]

I need to drop 10# by the end of Oct for the 2-3 week marathon that Greg and I put in chasing big bucks day after day with a hand climber treestand. It's pretty grueling but in a fun sort of way.
If you're even a little out of shape though it will kick your butt.
There's one approach we make where we hike in for over a mile with treestands on our backs in the dark before we even get to the woods.[:-]

I'm 6'3" 238lbs now.........should be about 225# come Oct 24th or so. I'll keep ya posted of the progress.
Hell, some of these guys made it sound like you were a GIANT!!!! You ain't but 3" taller than me, and we weigh about the same. Once I get back to working out, I'll be closer to 245#. Congrats on getting out there and running, I can't wait until it don't hurt again. Gotta love a "Hand Climber" treestand when you weigh 250 or so huh?!?!?! I think I climbed the tree at close to 260 or so last fall when I'd have a backpack, boots, all of my clothes and supplies for a day hunt. Certainly makes your abs a little angry with you when you haven't done it in a while though, that's for sure!!!!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:10 AM

Came across a PreacherTony replyon a post I was reading. Just wanted to say you have the best avatar out there and team name. My team used my suggestion, but yours takes first place. Good luck guys!
Old 09-25-2008, 11:54 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats Craig on that nice doe!
Old 09-25-2008, 09:45 PM
Typical Buck

THANKS FMEDIC5,
GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND YOOUR TEAM AS WELL

Quick Reply: Official Team IN GOD WE TRUST Thread (37)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.