Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Top Pin Predators Thread (35) >

Official Team Top Pin Predators Thread (35)

Official Team Top Pin Predators Thread (35)

Old 08-22-2008, 09:20 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 35 Thread

Just checking in Team. I hunt Bear Valley, WI and will only be hunting this year from Nov. 9th - Nov. 16th. (I live in Dallas but hunt up north). I cna promise that I will register a buck, and he will be no less than 125 inches (though there are some 150+ near where I hunt. Looking forward to winning this year.

SoutherStrut56 - where so you hunt in Alabama? I spent a year in Auburn/Opelika.
14mercs - it's an honor to have youon the team. You could be our Ace in the hole.
Mo_bowhnter - You gonna get a buck this year?

Anyone got a team name recommendation?

14mercs and SouthernStrut56...you two should quite fighting and point your aggression towards...Mo_bowhnter. Mo_bowhnter...You Are the Weakest Link! LOL!
Old 08-22-2008, 10:00 PM

Haha...I'm due. So with that going for me, I like my chances this year. Hopefully we don't end up killing each other before the season is over.
Old 08-23-2008, 01:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

3stone, I actually live and go to school in Auburn, but I'm from Randolph County and hunt family lands up there. It's a little over an hour north of Auburn. I went up there today after classes this morning to bush hog and start disking up some spots to plant. I put my game camera out 2 weeks ago over a corn feeder, checked it today and didn't have a single picture on it. I usually have a lot more, but this is the first year I've put it over an actual feeder, as opposed to piling the corn up. I get better pics with a pile. I moved it to a different tree, same location, maybe it'll work now. But they'vebeen eating the corn and diggin holes on my deer cane spots. One spot was completely tore up with tracks and they have dug a hole about 10 inches deep in the ground in just 2 weeks. My persimmon trees look very nice, and we also found some good lookin white oak acorns today. I'm also planning to hunt my landlord's private land in Tuskegee a couple of times, he alwayssticks at least 2 or 3 nice bucks from there every year. Might get to hunt my buddy's farm in Selma, not too sure about that yet though. Of course I'll hunt national forest around here when I don't have time to drive back home and hunt. But from what I've seen at our land at home, and the different approach we're taking with planting this year, I think it's gonna be a great season. And by the way, me and mercs are through bickering, we're ready to pick a team name and a cap'n. Mercs, I'm with ya on the patriotic name, because like Ted Nugent says, "You can't do this is France!" I can't think of any right off, I'll be thinkin.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:49 AM

I'll also go with a patriotic name. Maybe something along the lines of stars, stripes and big bucks or red white and horn. I don't know...

Anyone want to volunteer for captain? I can do it as I've done it before in deer and turkey contests but if someone wants to do it go ahead.
Old 08-23-2008, 10:07 AM
Fork Horn

Let's go with Patriotic, but clever. Here are a few suggestions to get things started:

1. Buck Scuds
2. Axis of Venison
3. Bucks are Evil
4. Your Either With Us. Or Your Dinner.
5. Courtesy of the Red White and Camo
6. Sheehan's a Whore
7. Charlie don't Surf!
8. The French eat babies. Don't they?
9. I Love the smell of Venison in the monring
10. Hey PETA...Bite me.
11. Smell's like Victory
12. Blitzkrieg

Pleas add you own, then we can vote.

By the way, I vote Mo_Bowhnter for Captain. He has lots of time on his hands since he won't be shooting any deer. LOL!
Old 08-23-2008, 04:02 PM
Fork Horn

We need a team name AND a slogan.

For example
"Axis of Venison" would make a good team name,
and "You're either with us, or you're venison" would make a good motto.

Old 08-23-2008, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

I'd also second Mo Bow as captain. Judging from his post count he hasn't got much else to do. Plus he's in college, so I know he hasn't got a social life.

Old 08-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Fork Horn

some more names/slogans:

1. Nutz in the gut pile
2. Bone collectors
3. Saving the world, one gut pile at a time
4. Does are for bait.

Old 08-23-2008, 06:55 PM
Fork Horn

How about Team Coyote Feeders
Old 08-23-2008, 11:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in college, and that doesn't mean free time for me. I'm busy as hell with 16 hours worth of industrial engineering classes and a b.s. computer course. Whoever wants to be captain can be captain, I dont care. As for some team names, I really would love a patriotic name, but I would like for it to have something to do with slaying deer. Some of the previous suggestions are good and follow that line of thinking. Here are a few of my suggestions:

These kind of have a little to do with U.S. Military and Freedom to slay animals.
1. Aerial Assault
2. Only in America
3. Bloodbrothers
4. Red Rack 'n' Blue
5. Buck Brigade/Battalion
6. Bone Bridade/Battalion
7. American Archers
8. Meat Seekers

These are just some others that come to mind.
9. Whack 'em andStack 'em
10. White Horses -----> to counteract the gay asss Dark Horses
11. Mass Murderers -----> maybe a little extreme,but it's a badass name
12. Death from Above

I could probably think of some more, but we got plenty from everybody to think of a name.

Quick Reply: Official Team Top Pin Predators Thread (35)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.