HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-deer-bowhunting-contest-97/)
-   -   Official Team Top Pin Predators Thread (35) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-deer-bowhunting-contest/258903-official-team-top-pin-predators-thread-35-a.html)

14mercs 08-21-2008 03:43 PM

RE: Official Team 35 Thread

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

ORIGINAL: SouthernStrut56

Well well, sounds like you're ready to go. I'm hunting family land in AL, when I can find the time away from classes. Were you by chance on the 1st place Tominators in the turkey contest two years ago? I'm lookin at my team poster and see a HB logo at the bottom of some pictures. Just wondering if that's you.
That was me bud.

Man, that sucks you guys have Jeff on your team...i dont think hes going to kill anything with antlers this year! ;):D

That is a great vote of confidence for Southern Strut! We will be okay if we can all pitch in to absorb one hunter from Alabama. Man, I get shafted every year.

MichaelHunsucker 08-21-2008 04:23 PM

Jeff is "TeamHB"

I was just joking obviously...hes hunting like 6 states!!! :DLucky! :)

14mercs 08-21-2008 04:36 PM

Sort of kinda caught on to that. But I am not one to lay off the punches to the gut. I wish I could hunt 6 states. I'm stuck here in Illinois. Oh well, we will see what ruts by in November. And December. And January.... brrrrr......hhhhm January.

davepjr71 08-21-2008 06:32 PM

Mike,

I saw an episode of your show the other night with you guys hunting turkey. Great show and good luck.

SouthernStrut56 08-21-2008 07:59 PM

Mercs, what the hell are you talkin about "absorbin" one hunter from Alabama? You get "shafted" every year? Poor pitiful you. I sure hope that was sarcastic, cause if it wasn't I'll damn sure vote to trade your cocky ass quick. Boy this is gonna be a fun contest. Some bowhunters just think they're the shyt. I wish a damn cocky yank would walk under my stand this year, I'd earhole him.

14mercs 08-21-2008 10:01 PM

All that talk about earhole'in makes Deliverance the movie seem to real a possibility there reb. OF course I am kidding about absorbing a hunter. This isn't the political forum where slinging arrows at each other is the tradition. And I don't think I am the shyt, just proven to be successful given my habits. Same as a hundred others on this forum. I'm no different than anyone. IF anything just habitual with ground that has good bucks. Anymore, it aint the bucks that matter its the 80#'s of jerkey I have to ahve to get me till October. Good luck to us both. (I'd have foughtfor the South if it matters any.)

SouthernStrut56 08-21-2008 10:52 PM

Aight, I justthink it's wrongfor my skills and success as a hunter tobe judged by what state I live in.Of course Alabama doesn't have thenumbers ofquality bucks like Illinois and other states do, it's just not possible with the type of land andlenient regulations here, but I think I have some of the best hunting in this state and have a very good chance of contributing some quality points to try and win this thing. I won't kill a 180" buck this year like some of you will,but every season for the past5 years there has been at least one 140"+ buck taken fromeither my property or the club next to me, so I know there's a chance of scoring big.Also, Deliverance is a great movie, and I guarantee you there's plenty of crazy hillbillies down here capable of somethin stupid like that,but I won't be earhole'in anybody anytime soon, my Southern pride just came out a bit too much there. No hard feelins, we're on the same team for the next 5 months so I wish you the very best of luck also.

MO_Bowhnter 08-22-2008 12:36 PM

I like the teammate rivalry starting up already.:D Mercs, I almost went and bought an out of state tagfor illinois. I got a few properties I can hunt over there but I decided against the $400+ while I'm still in college.[:@]

I'll make due over here.

MO_Bowhnter 08-22-2008 02:34 PM

Bump this to the top for those on the team that haven't seen it yet.

14mercs 08-22-2008 08:53 PM

We need a team name and I'll go first. Since we are all from different parts of the country and America is the shiznit when it comes to the world's best country how about.... "Team Bars and Stars" or "Old Glory" Team Stars and Stripesanything patriotic. Election year and all.