Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Top Pin Predators Thread (35) >

Official Team Top Pin Predators Thread (35)

Official Team Top Pin Predators Thread (35)

Old 09-10-2008, 11:04 PM

Default RE: Official Team Top Pin Predators Thread (35)

I was looking through some old cam pics and if this guy is still around (by the grace of god) he should be a giant. He looks like a 2 or 3.5 in this pic so this fall would put him at 4.5 or 5.5. I haven't heard of him being killed but if I see him I'll know who it is.

Old 09-11-2008, 07:36 PM

the date is wrong on the first one. and the time on the second one but now that i got that straight i can be more accurate

Old 09-15-2008, 07:45 AM

Well guys tonight will be my first sit of the year. Have to make it through a few classes first though.

Old 09-16-2008, 06:00 PM

Good Luck. Where you hunting at in missouri. were looking to Stop there on our way home from texas. maybe we could hunt a night or day with you, if you dont mind?
Old 09-16-2008, 08:14 PM

Sure if I'm at school I hunt public land around Rolla MO so if your going to IL from TX and you take I-44 you'll drive right by me.
Old 09-23-2008, 08:27 AM

Anyone having any luck yet?
Old 09-26-2008, 07:18 PM

4 days until season too bad we'll be combining corn.
Old 09-27-2008, 06:48 PM
Typical Buck

MY honey hole basically still has standing water. The bugs were horrible from the flooding. Thermacell would probably get carried away right now. I might hunt the ridge top one night, bust a doe and lay off until November. I haveNov. 1 -Nov. 13th with total child care coverage and nothing but hunting to do.

Patience.... then let it fly.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Haven't been on in a while, been studyin like a madman. This semester is rough. Got 16 days until we open up down here, but it opens on a Wednesday so I may not get to go until Friday afternoon. Definitely hunting that whole weekend though at three different tracts back home, so we'll see how it goes. Planted food plots a little over 2 weeks ago and we have gotten very little rain since then. They're coming up in a few places and the deer and turkeys are starting to come into them a little, butthey'renot looking aswell as I had hoped.I'll still have plenty of white oak acorns to hunt over, and a nice bunch of persimmons, so I'll be alright. I didn't get many good pics from my moultrie this year either. Got one messed up rack buck with four on his right side and a tall left main beam that sticks straight up, looks like an older deer so I'm gonna take him first chance I get. Got a couple of spikes and some does as well. I know there's onefairly nice buck out there that got away from me last year, he was a young 6 or 8 basket rack, oughta be a nice one this year. There will definitely be a bruiser walking around somewhere too, there always is, so I'll just have to find him or get lucky like I did last year. Good luck guys!
Old 10-07-2008, 08:19 PM

Hey guys, whose been seeing deer? I saw a nice buck last week at last light and seen some does but nothing contest worthy in range yet.

Does everyone on the team have their seasons open?

Quick Reply: Official Team Top Pin Predators Thread (35)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.