Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27) >

Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27)

Community

Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27)

Old 11-20-2008, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27)

Nice buck! I deffinately agree, if foxfire would get his buck entered we would still have a chance to win this thingNext monday-thursday is bear season so i will be out with the rifle. Then thursday i head down to maryland to do some more deer hunting, dont know if i will use my bow or not. Depends on when i get the chance to hunt on kinda shotgun/ muzzleloader comes in next saturday but might end up taking the bow to and try to sneak out on friday the last day of archery before shotgun/muzzleloader starts. Will keep you guys updated, good luck!!
Old 11-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Giant Nontypical

Just hecking in guys. I will be heading ouy hee in a few hours. We got a dusting of snow overnight, so maybe I can find some tracks, and find out where they are hiding.
Old 11-22-2008, 04:14 PM
Fork Horn

Hey guys, just got back from a days worth of hunting...

I passed up a small doe early on, then an hour or so later I had a doe come running down over the hill past me, and I could see another deer on top of the hill...so I readied myself...The deer strolled down the hill from right to left and cruised right into a beautiful shooting lane. It was a fork horn that we had passed on last year, and this year he was a pretty wide 6 point with good main beams...just not a lot coming off them.

So there he was in my shooting lane with no branches in the way, broadside, looking for his doe...I was already drawn back so all I had to do was judge yardage and aim. I nestled my 30 yard pin about an inch from the top of his back (judged it to be about 36-38 yards) and let her rip...LOW!!

It looked low enough to be a clean miss, but closer inspection of the arrow revealed some fat and a bit of blood...I followed the trail he took after the shot and found some mediocre puddles of blood. We were able to track the blood relatively easily so we ended up trying to hopscotch this deer and get in front of him from 9:00am till about 2:00pm...he kept beating us to our ambush point and it never worked out, he went about half to three quaters of a mile with a fairly easily tracked blood trail but he never bedded down.

I am hoping that he just lifted his leg or something as the shot was going under him. We are convinced that this deer will live.

Woulda been nice to add 80-90 inches to our score!
Old 11-23-2008, 04:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well guys, looks like my bow season is over for me. ML starts next weekend, and runs for 3 weeks. That will take me right up close to Christmas, and I never get much time to bow hunt when Christmas rolls around. Our archery season ends December 31st. If I dont get one with the ML, I will try to make it out at least a couple of times with the bow before the season wraps up. I did connect on a doe laast night, but after a few hours, and over 400 yards of tracking, we came up with nothing.[:@]My wife was helping me track her this morning, and she just about tripped over a 6 point buck taking a nap.[8D]I tried to sneek up in him to get a shot, but he heard me at aboout 15 yards, and jumped up and bolted.
Old 11-29-2008, 09:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys sorry I know I havent been on lately either but...where is everyone??
Old 11-30-2008, 06:36 AM
Fork Horn

Been out hunting since wednesday...I put two more does on the ground, and my buddy put another one down (all with a bow)...but including the ones we shot we only saw 14 deer between 3 of us for the whole 3.5 days

My bow season goes two more weeks, and my old man has the last week off so I will be out there!
Old 11-30-2008, 12:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hahaha I wish I could see 14 deer in 3 days here!!

4 of us hunted from 6 till 12 and all walking and spot and stalking (or atleast trying to), and between the 4 of us we probably covered roughly20 miles of ground and we saw a whopping 1 deer....

But tons of tracks so atleast we know theyre there....
Old 11-30-2008, 05:31 PM
Typical Buck

Hey guys, just got back from my hunting/family visitingtrip to Maryland. The first morning i found myself on a finger ridge that tapers down to a swampwhere my furthest shot in the woods would be about 50 yards which is a chip shot for my in line muzzleloader. Well, got down at 11 am with no deer sighted so the hunting club that i was hunting with decided to push a swamp on another farm that we are allowed to hunt. So out came the shotgun and slugs for trying to nail a deer running out of the woods. A few minutes into the drive out pops a few does that run across the ponds in the fields and a few guys miss them. Well one of the does run into the woods so we think she is probably gonna try to sneak back through the drivers but low and behold she comes back out and what comes with her? Why a massive 12 point with tons of kickers andinsane mass and spread, I would say he would easily go 190-200 inches. But unfortunatley for me, I was about 300 yards away so all i could do was watch him with the binos. No one ever hit him so he is still in that swamp somewhere. lol, after the drivers got through the woods, me and the other guy down by a couple points of trees that comes out of the woods tell the drivers to sit tight and we will push them points where we know there is atleast one deer. Well i am heading down a ridge of thick brush when i jump a spike so close i honestly could have smacked it in the back of the head with the gun barrel[8D]. I passed up the spike though because i wanted something big and old with lots of antler. That was the last deer jumped in the drive so everyone went to their stands for the evening hunt. I found myslef in the same stand as that morning and wasnt seeing anything but squirrels. Just before dark i brought my gun up to look through the scope to scan my shooting lane going down the ridge and there it as, what i asw after. A big 10 point with 11-12 inch g-2's, 8-9 inch g-3's, 5-6 inch g-4's,and 4-5 inch brows and a 18-19 unch spread. Unforetunatley for me all i could see was his snow white rack and couldnt see his head good enough and i wasnt about to make a bad shot at this buck or miss him and make him go completely nocturnal so he got to walk[&o]on a brighter note, the guy i was hunting with ended up getting a small spike that he thought was a doe that he shot at 5 pm. So, i have a date with one of them bucks either after christmas or before then if i get the time.
Old 12-01-2008, 11:19 PM
Typical Buck

hey guy's...I havent given up yet. Next week I will be back to bowhunting. I will get to finish out the wisconsin season then head back out to maryland for ten days of late season bowhunting. I am still at it so dont give up on me...I will get us some "......... I wish I would of just put the smack down on the 120" 8 in kentucky[:'(]Thats what happens when your picky like me!!!!
Old 12-04-2008, 08:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Keep huntin guys!

Youll get it done!

Quick Reply: Offical Team Monsters Inc. Thread (27)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.