Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17) >

Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Community

Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Old 11-15-2008, 05:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Offical Team 17 thread

Seems like your having great luck! Congrats for sure! Hopefully tomorrow I can add to our score....
Old 11-17-2008, 06:07 AM
Typical Buck

SK74ford- Congrats on both bucks. Both are very nice animals, wish I could see one myself!!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:47 PM
Dominant Buck

Tonight was a fun night. Deer were pretty consistant. Saw about a dozen or so in the first house's yard on the way into the neighborhood. Didn't see any horns but then again traffic is busy on the road. Anyway, saw deer all night but only small bucks. Only one 8 pointer had a rack outside his ears but still small. I had a total of 5 bucks walk by. I probably will hunt that area again tomorrow night but take my climber. My friend saw two shooters but he was on the backside of the property. I was up near the houses. Weds, I'm trying to get access to my old honey hole. I'll do an all day hunt. I'll keep you posted. Last year I was one of the last buck on the board. I shot him in Jan. He wasn't very big. Scored around 115. I just don't know if I can get out in Jan this year. Then again, if I want to. So guys, get us close to force me to put us over the top should I not see a shooter until then.
Old 11-18-2008, 05:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

well fellas the deer are finally startin to do some chasin an such around here now... i seen 6 the smorin one shooter for this are jus never came less than 70 yards... i thought bout aimin high an let fly an see what happens... lol jus jokin...... im off til dec 2 so hopefully i can get us some points for this contest.. everyone who has put on down so far congrats nice lookin bucks...sk- that deer you took with the shot gun. does he only have one eye????
Old 11-19-2008, 09:47 PM
Fork Horn

MdDave the deer had both eyes you just can't see it from that picture. Have you guys looked at the totals lately? The defending champions from last year are almost uncatchable now. They already have like 850 inches. They did what we talked about doing in the beginning, just everyone get at least something to put on the board and we have a chance of winning. Well good luck to you guys.
Old 11-20-2008, 06:29 AM
Typical Buck

Gun weekend here so no bowhunting. Will be back at it next week.
Old 11-20-2008, 07:43 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guys I still haven't scored my deer yet and haven't even hunted in 2 weeks. I'm swamped with school and work. I'm sure my bucks will score all 20 inches, but I will get him scored eventually.
Old 11-20-2008, 10:00 PM
Dominant Buck

No your buck is around 50. Measure it up when you can.

I have to admit, I've been on the bad side this year in excitment to hunting. I haven't got up a single morning. I've been out about 4 times total.Sorry guys. I'm still planning on hunting Monday and Tuesday morning. There is a 170 to 180 class buck running around one of the properties but not in the area I've been hunting. I plan on hunting Monday with my normal hunting partner and tuesday I'm hunting the backyard of my fishing buddy. If you've seen the news about the bank robbery today in Md. Where they ended up is only about a mile away at best. Got thing I didn't hunt there today. Anyway, he said he does have a few decent bucks running around. i'm sure they won't score better than 120 but you never know. He does get a big one once ever year. Anyway, I will shoot any decent buck on tuesday should I see one. I promised you a deer and I aim to deliver.
MDdave, if you don't mind driving one night to Montgomery County, I maybe able to set you up for a hunt. The only problem is that in the place I have to hunt, a park ranger has gained access and he's an idiot of a hunter. I no longer see bucks everytime out and the Does are very skittish to the area he has his stand. The good news is you just have to hunt around his mistakes and there are deer there.
Old 11-21-2008, 01:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

mouse thanks for the invite.....ill keep it in mind..... bad news to report.. the biggest buck weve seen on the ground i hunt was killed the smoring... yes i killed him but he doesnt count for the contest i found him on the side of the road the smorin still alive an his ass end smashed up.... i ended up shootin him in the neck with the .17 cal... cut his horns off... about 13 inches wide, descently tall... ill get pics up sometime soon..
Old 11-21-2008, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Dave how do you like the 117gr cartridges on your 25.06? I just got a 25.06 added to the collection and couldn't get 100gr silver tip ballistics so I ended up with 117gr hornady stt. Just curious how you like the 117 over the lighter loads.

Quick Reply: Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.