Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17) >

Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Old 11-05-2008, 05:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Offical Team 17 thread

Friday, Saturday and Sunday for me....can't wait....should be rutting hard...

Friday - Warm with rain and cooling through the day...high of 73 early in the day....

Saturday - Occasional showers, cool, high of 52......

Sunday - clearing and cool, high of 53......

I hope this weekend is the weekend......
Old 11-06-2008, 02:47 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck this weekend. I'll be hittin hard fri-sun. I hear alot of corn is still up and will have to contend with some rain friday.
Old 11-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

after tommrow im off til the 17th so if i cant get something done within this time during this time of year then it prolly isnt goin to happen!!!! good luck team..
Old 11-07-2008, 08:01 AM
Typical Buck

Oh i didn't know I had to score the first buck I shot....Oh well I'm done for the contest, not for the season.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Took down another doe today. It was really warm and breezy as the front started coming in. I set up a stand in a awesome spot for a all day hunt tomorrow, and headed to a buddies to hunt on the ground. I found a spot and he setup 40yrds from me. We could see each other pretty easy, and long story short a doe came by at 10yrds...she got to about 24yrds and I released a beautiful arrow. Right in the sweet spot and she didn't make it 10yrds before flopping over. It's cooling down pretty good and I can't wait for in the morning. No pics this time though since I didn't have the camera and no one was home tonight to take the pic.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:33 AM
Typical Buck

Where do I post the score with the photos?
Old 11-08-2008, 03:25 PM
Fork Horn

Under the Bowhunting Contest link, up at top there is a Official Scorecard link just look how everyone else is doing it.
Old 11-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Typical Buck

Well no luck this past weekend. Slow at the state park and our lease. Had rain, sleet, and snow at times with the wind never below 15mph and temps in the mid 30s. Yesterday, did see one buck chasing a doe through the corn. Yes, still have corn up on three sides. Well, on to this coming weekend.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:04 AM
Dominant Buck

got out last night in NC. Just two little ones came by. There is something nice running around. I'm back in Md next week. My friend said there are three shooters on one of the properties we hunt. I saw one of them last week. Fear not, I will drop something. On a good note, my friend shot a 13 pointer with two drops. Can't wait to see him back from the tax shop.
Old 11-14-2008, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

Well Fellas I got me one. I shot is yesterday morning. I got to my stand about 45 mins before shooting time so the woods could settle down. The ground was all wet cause it rained all day the day before. We got over an inch of rain. Well sunrise came and I was hoping the deer would start moving. So around 6:30 I see a 4 point coming down a trail next to me so I just sit there and watch him for a while as he heads to the field behind me. Then around 7:45 I see a deer moving through the thick brush to my left. I could see antler but couldn't really see how big he was cause how thick it is. So he gets into a little clearing and I finally see him. I was trying to find out what buck he was cause I have seen a small, medium, and a large 8 point running around the farm. After looking him over I see that he is the medium size buck. This is the third time I have seen him but couldn't get a shot the other times. But he was walking parallel to me and going to go behind me. So I got my grunt call out and made two long tending grunts followed by two short ones. Then I snort weezed twice. He was all mine after that.

He swung around and started circling me and came around to my right. So I waited for him to get in one of my shooting lanes. He entered my first one and stopped, so I put my 30 yard pin on him and let my Rage eat. The arrow didn't go all the way through. He ran about 60 yards and piled up. After a while I went over to him to see him. I ended up shooting him just a little back but when I field dresses him I destroyed one of his lungs. I think I also hit his artery cause their was a lot of clotting in the chest cavity. He's not real wide but his rack grows up not out. I have the pics on my camera I will get them on here as soon as I can. Now I will have to get the big one. Our gun season opens tommorrow, I can't wait. Well good luck to you guys.

Quick Reply: Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.