Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17) >

Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Community

Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Old 10-19-2008, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Offical Team 17 thread

Had a good opener yesterday....my grandpa took a fork horn, and my best friend took his first deer ever( a spike). So that was a great day for me, even though all I saw was a couple small bucks that I passed on, and a button buck I passed. I did get back out this morning and passed on a 6, and caught a glimpse of what looked like a nice 8pt.

So I'm about to go back out the door and try this evening to see what happens. Goodluck all, and hope to hear some updates soon.
Old 10-19-2008, 05:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i got some bad news last night... a guy shot a 8 pt 16 inches wide(with a muzzleloader)on the ground next to the ground i hunt.. kinda disappointed but at the same time ive never seen this deer or ever seen evidence of somehting that size around.. ah well... thats prolly the "nice" buck of the year... i guess it aint really "bad" news but it wasnt good sence i didnt get to shoot him...lol
Old 10-19-2008, 07:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I saw 12 deer this evening...8 bucks, but none of them bigger then a 5pt that would probaly go 40inches. Weird rack, but no size. Now I got four days of work and then three days back in the woods.
Old 10-19-2008, 07:39 PM
Dominant Buck

Sorry guys, I've been busy and haven't got into the woods. I guess we have another deer or two on the board? I'll check it out. Congrats on getting him or them. I will finally get into the woods. There are plenty of bucks around to shoot so have no fear. I will put points on the board again this year.
Old 10-20-2008, 06:06 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ken/WV

I saw 12 deer this evening...8 bucks, but none of them bigger then a 5pt that would probaly go 40inches. Weird rack, but no size. Now I got four days of work and then three days back in the woods.

Ken- I had a similar six point come by me. I doubt he could even beat the 40 inches you saw. Back at it this coming weekend!
Old 10-20-2008, 07:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

Coming home from work I saw a decent 85-90 inch 8pt standing by the interstate on public land. I can't believe how easy it has been to see bucks. The temps have been warm/cool in the day, and cold at night. Two straight frosts as well. The deer are hitting the apples, persimmons, and white oaks hard right now. If I could find the right place it seems like a decent buck wouldn't be hard to take right now.

Haven't seen much rutting activity yet....just some rubs...bucks are just hit or miss on my mock scrapes right now.
Old 10-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Fork Horn

Well I haven't had any luck the past couple of times I have went. Just saw some does. I am going on Saturday to the farm I have not hunted yet this year. This farm always has lots of bucks on it. I usually get a good one every year from this farm. The pre rut is coming up so hopefully I can see some action.
Old 10-24-2008, 08:07 AM
Typical Buck

I will also be hittin hard sat & sun. Hopefully the corn is out by now. If not may have to try a state park near by. Good luck all!
Old 10-24-2008, 09:10 AM
Fork Horn

Even though I am scored up for the contest I am heading out for the weekend too. Goood Luck fellas.
Old 10-25-2008, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saw more small bucks, and a lot of does Friday. Washed out today pretty much...well except for the small bucks and does feeding in the yard. LOL. Going to go back out tomorrow and see what shakes down...probaly do some scouting as well to see if I can't find a new spot.

Quick Reply: Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.