Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17) >

Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Old 09-24-2008, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Offical Team 17 thread

tourqing with the new grip?????/
Old 09-24-2008, 07:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I don't know...I got rid of the mathews grip cause I hated the feel of it. I love shooting off the risor or with sideplates. So it could be torque...or could be too long of a draw now that I shaved off the grip to risor. I don't know for sure....I tried to get my form right and that helped some. But it was frustrating me. I'm going to shoot tomorrow evening after work and see if I can get everything right at 20, and if I can I'll move back to 30.

I am still going early friday morning to the shop and get the peep twisted...probaly do a paper session and check the center shot on the rest. Just do a complete once over to see if anything wasn't set back when the strings were installed.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Fork Horn

Well I haven't done much deer hunting lately. Recently I have been going after wood ducks. I have shot 4 in the last couple of days. Kentucky had an early wood duck season for five days so I went down there and got a few. The weather here is really hot so I am waiting for it to cool down before I go again.

Old 09-25-2008, 05:18 AM
Typical Buck

Ken,

You may be compensating for the peep not coming up right. Good luck getting it fixed tomorrow. Probably be a quick fix once you get that peep centering for you.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

sk74 - I know what you mean about the woodies. I hunted around the Ballard County region. Had a great time and shot lots of ducks. We managed to nab a few teal one day as well. That's one of my most favorite hunts of them all because there are so many of us hunting together and having a great time. I'm guessing now its about time to get serious about shooting deer. It seems like its starting to cool off a bit. Still hit 90 yesterday, but evenings and mornings are cool. Hope ya'll have a good weekend. My boy turns 5 on Friday so we'll have lots of partying to do with him this weekend.
Old 09-25-2008, 06:34 AM
Typical Buck

Happy B-day to your young one. Hope he has a great day tomorrow.
Old 09-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

I thought about that to with the peep rotating. Hopefully an hour or two at the shop in the morning and I can have the old Drenalin shooting straight. I know it's been frustrating over the last two days shooting tight groups that are off to the side. I have to check the center shot to and see if I can get my site alittle more squared instead of hugged so much to the left. I'll update tomorrow around noon when I get back and before I head out for OHIO.
Old 09-26-2008, 11:45 AM
Fork Horn

I did manage to swing a hunt in KY yesterday afternoon. Had a great evening, once the wind died down. I saw 8 does, none of which presented a shot (and truthfully, for me, its still way to warm to shoot for the freezer just yet). Right at dark, my new buddy "Peyton Manning" showed up. Peyton is probably a 2.5 year old 8 point that already will go around 115-120 inches. He's 2 inches past the ears and has a long main beam. Anyhow, Peyton showed up about 150 yards away from me and walked right at me, turned broadside at 20 feet and fed for about 5 minutes. It was a great hunt. I also had a 7 pointer that's really young, mess around me for about 15 minutes. It was a great night to be in a tree and finally see a little more typical deer behavior. I wish fall would hurry up and get here. It was 87 degrees when I headed out to the stand. Hope you guys have a good weekend.
Old 09-26-2008, 02:34 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks man my opener is tomorow and this will be my first ever bowhunt im pumped and nervous....wish me luck
Old 09-26-2008, 04:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well I finally got back in and just got everything packed up. I'm pulling out of the drive here in 5min. I did get the drenalin adjusted...the rest needed adjusted a hair, twisted the peep, and shortened my release one notch....I'm cutting bullet holes again and got some adjustment back in my sight. So I was definetly pleased with that. I did get 20, 30, and 40 dialed in perfect this afternoon. It took alittle time with all the adjustments I had to go through pin by pin. I also checked everything on paper, and hit the chrono. Just lucky me to, I was back here at the house packing the truck when UPS showed up with my seat o pants harness. So I won't have to use the old tangled up two people to put on api harness. I should be in Ohio at my friends camp before 8 getting settled in. Then hanging my climber around 9pm tonight close to the bedding area and a good distance off a field, but with a water hole in site. Never hung a climber late at night, but my friend says the deer will be in the fields and this is thebest time to hang it to catch them coming back from the fields in the morning.

I'm pumped for sure, and I got everything packed. Supposed to be in the mid to upper 70's tomorrow, so we'll see how it goes. I am going to return to my friends camp next weekend to do a friday, saturday, sunday morning hunt as well. Then probaly stay in WV for squirrel season to have some fun with the wife, and then hit WV opener. Once November hits I'll be back at my uncles farm in Muskingam county Ohio. But anyhow...wish me luck guys, and I do have my wifes blackberry curve so I maybe able to update you guys from the field....but I don't know...way more technology and buttons on it as compared to my phone.

Anyhow good luck this weekend to all of the team that is hunting, and I should have some cool pics of my stand site and passing deer if nothing else.

Quick Reply: Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.