Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17) >

Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Community

Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Old 09-10-2008, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Offical Team 17 thread

LOL....Ken/WV is a pirate and kicked HC_BF off the team. I saw the avatar and team name and had to join at any means neccessary.
Old 09-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Fork Horn

I only got 4 more days till my season opens up. I already know the spot I am going to hunt. It should be good with the rain we are getting and more that is on the way. It should cool things down a bit.
Old 09-11-2008, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still got a few weeks till Ohio opener...and a month till WV opener.....how to pass the time? []
Old 09-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i WAS planing on gettin out monday afternoon after work but it looks like im gonna have to work OT all next week! [:@]
Old 09-11-2008, 06:00 PM
Dominant Buck

I'm short after these next few weeks 37 flight segments to keep my elite flying status active. That means, I will be taking all of my equipment north and leaving it there in a few weeks. This will enable me to fly up there for work and still get days in hunting and allow me to keep my status, which is all important, on my airline and my sanity for a traveling job. I know this doesn't seem much for the team but I'm very pumped up this season just likeI'm closing a sale!!!!

LET'S WIN THIS CONTEST!
Old 09-11-2008, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

2 more days left here in Wisconsin. I plan on getting out Saturday but it sounds like rain so we might have to wait until Sunday. I plan on shooting a doe this weekend if I get the opportunity. I would have to see a pretty big one to get us on the board early.

Good luck to everyone that's already hunting and to those trying to pass the time.
Old 09-11-2008, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with you Fieldmouse...this is the best I have ever felt in winning this contest. I feel better now then back a couple years ago when my team opened with a 175" buck by one of my team mates. I think we have the team to put the pieces together...like you said if average 100" we will win this. It just takes a team effort. Sure a big buck is a great boost, but putting 10 racks on the board is the key. By no means should anyone hold out for 100". Take whatever you want to, and be proud of it. Because I'm sure some of us can make up for the inches as long as we all tag a buck and enter him. I am definetly pumped....CLUB 17 - BARELY LEGAL BABY!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Fork Horn

What was the total inches for the team that won the tournament last year? I also agree with you guys that if we just al least put something on the board that we will have a good chance of winning. Their are some usually some quality deer where I hunt so hopefully I can get a buck that is at least 115"-125". Over the past five years or so either me or one of my hunting buddies that hunt the same land have gotten at least a 115" buck. I know that there are some good bucks where I am going to be hunting, it's just a matter of making a good shot.

I should be able to get out either Mon or Tue so hopefully the weather is nice enough to get the deer moving early. Like zs93 said, it's gonna have to be a real good buck for me to shoot this early. And I would have to hurry cause of the hot weather so the meat doesn't spoil. But a good doe might be in trouble if the shot presents it self. Goodluck to you guys this weekend.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Dominant Buck

I don't remember but I'm sure it didn't go over 800 or so. I held out all season long for a really nice deer last year. I had one opportunity for something in the low 140's but darn it, the wind shifted and the doe he was trailing winded me and they both ran back the way they came. Worst yet, I had him a 40 yds but choose to allow him to get closer since had the wind not changed direction, it would have put him at 10 yds. He was the biggest one. I did draw on one that was in the low 130's but choose to pass him up, hoping to see him this fall. That deer just wanted me to shoot him. I was hunting out of the old shed in my friends backyard when he walked with in 15 yds of the door 5 mins after I sat down. That buck wandered around the yards of all the neighbors along with about 30 other deer all morning long. He even offered me 3 more easy shots, with 2 of them being at 5 yds. I ended up shotting a button buck at 5 yrds that ran towards the house. When he took off, 3 more deer took his place. I reloaded and shot the big doe. She ran down into the park and I saw her fall. The other two just sat there staring back and forth trying to figure out what just happened. So I reloaded and was going to shoot another one but then choose not to. I walked up to my friends back door and he said when he woke up he looked for me in a tree but didn't see me. I told him I forgot my climbing ban in NC so I ducked into his shed and shot 2. We had a good laugh and then he helped me drag the deer and load them on my truck. Then we went in and he was making me breakfast, when I looked out in the yard and one of the smaller 8 points walked right through his yard and in front of that shed. Yes, it's my own little shooting gallery.
Old 09-12-2008, 04:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I finally got my strings today and got them put on...so once it quits raining I'll have to do some shooting and get everything dialed back in...but so far the quality in bucknasty's strings is top notch...damn the wait time though.

Pics to follow tonight when my company leaves.

Quick Reply: Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.