Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17) >

Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Community

Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Old 09-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

I hunt about 50/50 from ladder stands and my climber. When I am at my buddies farm i always use a ladder stand. But if I am anywhere else I use my climber. i have a lock on stand but have only sat in it a few times. I love my climber. i feel so safe in it and i usually don't wear a harness while i am in it. i don't wear one when i am in the ladder stands either. I usually only wear one when i hunt from the lock on stand. If i feel tired orknow i am going to take a nap i will wear my harness.
Old 09-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

what kinda stands you guys use...nam brands,,....my climber is a summit viper, a got a summit loc on stand(copperhead),,, 2 big dog loc ons.. an i cant remember what the my 4th loc on is....
Old 09-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a summit viper, and a api grandslam for climbers. A hunters view 16ft ladder(mostly the wife but I occasionally sit it), and a LOC ON brand lock on stand.

Shoot you just gave me a good idea Dan, I'm going to make a complete gear list for this year in a post before bed.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Fork Horn

Well, tonights hunt was a good one. Didn't put us on the board but saw a nice 120-ish 8 pt. He never got any closer than a 100 yards, but was glad to see him moving around. I am fairly certain that I wouldn't have taken the shot had he given it. It ws near 90 when I left the house, but with a light front moving in, they seemed to be moving a little better than they have for a few weeks. That's all the hunting I'll be doing this week as i have some other stuff to get done before the hunting gets hot.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Fork Horn

i hunt out of tripods and ground blinds as there are no big trees really for stands where i hunt here in texas

Old 09-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Offical Team 17 thread

ORIGINAL: MdDave

sadly this is the biggest buck i have pics of this year or know of running around.. i dont really wanna shoot him but i know if i dont someone else will around here

Hey, today I saw a deer just like this one on the dam of my pond. He's been the biggest one I've seen this year in my yard. He must have come out of the back woods to get a mid morning drink. Not that I would shoot him, but I had a perfect 40 yrd broadside.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok...first off...I guess you all may have caught it, or maybe not, but I changed my name from HighCountry_BruteForce to Ken/WV. The old name just didn't fit anymore, and the new name is something that won't need to be changed and is pretty blatant.

But anyway...as promised...the gear list for 2008:

Bow: Mathews Drenalin - Mathews +1 Dropaway, Arrowweb 3 quiver, G5 Optix LE sights, Fuse 7" Stabilizer, Meanv Suppressor, Bucknasty Strings, Bob Lambeth split grip, Slingbraid Sling

Camo: ScentBlocker Realtree Roadtrips in Hardwoods HD, Archers Jacket/Pants, Scent Blocker XLT Hat, Scent Blocker Protec Beanie, Scent Blocker 3/4 Mask, Scent Lok Savanna Gloves

Base Layer: X Scent in Realtree Hardwoods HD

Boots: ScentBlocker Dream Season w/ Cabelas Ngenious Socks

Vest: Primos Bow Vest Nikon Field Recon Team Edition in Realtree Hardwoods Green

Harness: Seat O Pants

Treestands: API and Hunters View Climbers

Release: Scott Mongoose

Arrows: Easton Axis

Broadheads: G5 Tekan II

Scents: Scent Shield Carbon Blast & Code Blue Doe Estrous

Calls: Mad Growl, Primos Can, Knight & Hale Rattle Bag

Rangefinder: Bushnell Yardage Pro 800 Sport

Truck: 2006 F-150 Supercrew Fx4...7" Fabtech Lift w/ Dual Steering Stabilizers...20" Liquid Metal Turbine...35" Nitto Mud Grapplers...Flowmaster Original 40...S&B Intake...Edge Evolution..."Loaded"

Fourwheeler: 98' Honda 300 Fourtrax 4x4

Accessories: Allen Folding Bow Holder, Primos Hoist Rope, Scent Shield Soap/Shampoo/Deodorant
Old 09-09-2008, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

I use a summit broadhead. Its just like the viper but it folds down and becomes a backpack and is ton easier to carry on your back cause when you fold it up you dont kick the cables when you walk. I love it I got it really cheap too. It was regularly $290 and I got it brand new for $170. Gander mt had a 30% off treestand sale and I had a few gift cards.

The ladder stands I use are mostly homemade but I do use a ameristep buddy stand. I also have a ground blind that turns into a stand. Their is a big 7 foot platform that the ground blind sits on so you can sit on the ground or attach it to the platform. It is nice to hunt with more than one person. We put carpet down on the platform and use computer chairs inside the blind. It is really comfortable, but really hard to shoot a bow out of with more than one person in it. So I will only bow hunt alone in it.

The lock on stand I use is an ameristep too i think. I either use tree steps or ladder sections.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I ordered a summit seat to put on my api for this season. Squirrels wrecked havoc on both my seats last year, but only ruined one. Hopefully this year they'll find something else to destroy other then my gear. A buddy of mine has a few Summit Vipers and I would get one...but I buy so much other gear that I just settle back in and give my current climbers the once over and replace anything woren and go on.

The new harness should be the big upgrade this year ontop of the new chains and seat for the API. The old API seat moved over to the Hunters View, but the cables on it look good and it's ready for another year.
Old 09-09-2008, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

it took me a min.. i was like who in the world is ken/wv an when did he get on our team?

Quick Reply: Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.