HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-deer-bowhunting-contest-97/)
-   -   Official Team Club 17 Barely Legal Thread (17) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/2008-deer-bowhunting-contest/258900-official-team-club-17-barely-legal-thread-17-a.html)

danscott 12-02-2008 11:51 AM

RE: Offical Team 17 thread

Kamil- did you get yours scored?

Ken/WV 12-03-2008 04:58 PM

Thanks guys. I just got lucky. Thursday was the first day since rifle season opened on Monday to take the bow back out. I hunted a new area and luckily had my cousin bump some deer and they passed by me. This was buck was behind three does and presented a 30yrd shot.

I rescored him when they wanted the measurements and lost alittle over a inch on the second go around. Of coarse I was alittle tighter on my measurements. I think if they enter my deer, and Kamill would put his up then we would be in the top 10 for sure. I think that would be pretty good just to finish in the top 10 if everyone doesn't tag a deer.

Fieldmouse 12-03-2008 10:07 PM

I will tag a deer.

danscott 12-10-2008 06:32 AM

Hi guys. One more gun weekend this coming weekend. After that, back to the bow. Hope all is well with you all.

Kamil 12-14-2008 08:22 AM

Sorry I haven't been keeping up my part of being on the team. I'm finishing up my last semester of college and haven't had much time to do anything. I will score that buck eventually, but I thought it had to be done within the first 7 days.

Fieldmouse 12-15-2008 07:27 PM

I didn't know they had a time limit on the scoring. I don't see why, I understand the time limit on the picture though.

Guys, went out tonight and saw one shooter. A big 8 point in the 130 range. He was only 60 yards.[:@] Hunting in the morning and will shoot something nice if I should see one. It will be over 100 to be nice. Have no fear, like I said, I shoot my 8 point in Jan last year that went around 115.

Fieldmouse 12-17-2008 06:07 AM

Kamil, get you deer scored. You good on the time. You already notified the team within the 10 day limit and we need the score.

I missed yesterday, took a bad shot that I was sure I had. I rushed it. It was an 8 point that wasn't big, he would have been around 110 - 115. It kills me, I knew better and should have backed off. I just got cocky. No problem, both MDdave and I have until the end of Jan to shoot something. There are plenty of bucks around you can be sure of that.

Ken/WV 12-19-2008 02:16 PM

If we get a couple more on the ground we could get up solid in the top 10 and I think that would be commendable.

danscott 12-22-2008 06:58 AM

Agreed. I'm trying, just not getting any buck movement where I hunt. I need to get my own property some day.

Kamil 12-22-2008 08:24 PM

Ok here are the measurements for my buck...if you're looking from the back on the right side: MB 8" and the mass is 2"

on the left side the MB=8"
G1=2 1/8"
Mass= 2 1.2"

The inside spread is 6 1/2"

This was my first time scoring so I'm not sure how to add that all up ...I think it comes out to 30 inches or so ....

danscott 12-24-2008 07:30 AM

Guys- have a safe and enjoyable xmas. My best to you and yours!

Ken/WV 12-25-2008 04:20 PM

Merry xmas to all the team. Happy holidays guys.

danscott 01-05-2009 06:28 AM

This thread got quiet. I may have one more chance to get out before our season ends. Anyone else still have some time left? Sorry I haven't contributed so far to our scoring.

Ken/WV 01-06-2009 08:40 PM

My season is over and done...I did go squirrel hunting some. They are rutting hard right now and anytime the weather breaks and it warms up it makes for a fun day out with the .22 mag.

Fieldmouse 01-06-2009 11:29 PM

I hope you all had a great vacation. I plan on hunting in a few weeks and finally shooting something for the team. Sorry, my mind has been on other things but that's life.

danscott 01-12-2009 05:34 AM

Well guys, gave it one last shot on saturday. It snowed all day here. Saw a few does and that was it. I'm done for this season. Best of luck to you all next season.

shawneeslinger 01-17-2009 11:50 AM

Well, team, Sorry I didn't do much to help us out. I hunted pretty hard this year in both IL and KY and never shot a buck. But I dont feel too bad about it. Our farm in IL got hit pretty hard with EHD last year and we set 130" as our minimum limit to kind of help get things back on track. Needless to say, no bucks were harvested on our farm. I drew once and couldn't make up my mind, so I let him walk. Im not dissappointed though. I shot a few does and had a bunch of great sits. Saw a lot of 1.5 and 2.5 ear old bucks. Next year should prove to be more promising. It was good getting to know you.
jeff

Fieldmouse 01-24-2009 04:04 PM

He guys, Im going on a slaughter fest this next week. I'll get out several days next week and hopefully will see a buck along with the many does I plan on wacking. Last weekend my freind told me he shot my buck. Lol. I haven't seen the pics but he said it was a big 8 pointer. No worries though. There are still plenty of deer running around. Certainly no shortage of them. Several years ago, one of my hunting buds shot his monster the last week of the year. It scored 162 and took first in the state for a bow kill. I still hold out hopes for my chance.

Fieldmouse 01-26-2009 11:00 AM

Sorry guys, I'm a screw up. I drove over 5 hours, had my meeting first thing this morning, didn't get discouraged eventhough we have snow tomorrow and I have to have the truck back for my wife on Weds afternoon, got dressed went to load up my stuff only to find I left my backpack with both releases in NC.[:@] This just caps off my bad season of only seeing two big bucks and a season of bad weather on most days I had planned to hunt.

I'm sorry, I couldn't come through for you guys. I have to admit, I love our team and everyones participation. Have a good off season, be safe and plan for next year. Good luck!

Fieldmouse 01-27-2009 11:46 AM

Alright, couldn't stand not hunting. I put in an hour on the stand (ditting in a backyard shed) and planed on using my fingers. Isaw one deer. He was a big body buck but had already dropped his antlers and seemed to have already started the nubs for the new set. I was able to watch him at 10 yrds broadside for atleast 20 mins. No regrets, loved just watching him.

Ken/WV 02-10-2009 09:58 PM

Hope everyone enjoyed this season and being a part of this time. I love the name and team we came up with, we just came up short this year. Hope to be a part of a team with some of you guys next year. Goodluck in 09' and already counting down the days till fall.