Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11) >

Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Community

Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Old 09-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

I have a Morell Yellow Jacket and a GlenDel Buck. I had to put a piece of foam behind the Glendel because I was passing through. It's the first Glendel, not the Full Rut.
Old 09-03-2008, 11:22 AM

ORIGINAL: SparrowHawk

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

Sparrowhawk,
I shoot the Max. Hunter, and I love these arrows. I'm sure you will love yours too.

Ben,
That's great to hear!!
whitetail these arrows fly so much faster then my other Carbon Express arrows... its nuts!!! Im shooting a older style bag and its not even going to work. I was blowing completely through the bag at 30 yards. Not gonna mess any of my fletching up that I just put on the day before so it looks like im going to have to invest in a new stronger target.

What kind of targets do you guys shoot?

Buckeye that is a nice looking 8pt!!!!
Iuse a Black Hole for my field points and a Morrell Yellow jacket for my broadheads, both seem to do the job.

www.blackholetarget.com/]http://www.www.blackholetarget.com/[/url]

http://www.morrelltargets.com/default.asp

Old 09-03-2008, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use a morrel Bh taget for my Bh and I stacked a few round hay bales stading up on their side to shoot regular field points but, I have to be careful where I shoot, or else I have do dig in the bales.[:@]
Old 09-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Guy's sorry for not posting but I been working 12hours a day 7 days a week. I did take a much needed day of yesterday and went fishing down the Jersey shore for some Flounder fishing. We caught about 25 flounder 6 keepers , some Bluefish and a bunch of skates. Not a bad day and the Ocean was real nice! Good Day!!! Glad to see some of the team hunting, keep on hunting boys!! Oct 4 can't get hear fast enough. Man some nice bucks have been shot already. Its a long season and I'm sure we will be on the board soon enough.Be good,shoot straight and be safe!

Hatchet Jack
Old 09-03-2008, 09:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds like a great weekend Jack. Come On Oct 4th!!!!! I hear ya buddy.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:29 AM

went out tonight to sit in the stand for a few hours....not a darn thing walked under me....well, nothing besides a chipmonk i suppose....

i have to admit tho, it was a nice and peaceful evening out there all alone. had a lot of time to think and clear my head...no animals, but all in all a good night.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: =Jagermeister=

went out tonight to sit in the stand for a few hours....not a darn thing walked under me....well, nothing besides a chipmonk i suppose....

i have to admit tho, it was a nice and peaceful evening out there all alone. had a lot of time to think and clear my head...no animals, but all in all a good night.
Jag, I don't know if I should admit this, but what you just got, is what I am needing most out of this hunting season. Peace, serenity, all that stuff. Family crap is going on. Work crap is going on. I need to decompress. Glad you had a great night, sometimes its even better than scoring.[8D]
Old 09-04-2008, 06:35 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

Jag, I don't know if I should admit this, but what you just got, is what I am needing most out of this hunting season. Peace, serenity, all that stuff. Family crap is going on. Work crap is going on. I need to decompress. Glad you had a great night, sometimes its even better than scoring.[8D]
Go out hunting. But with your Kodak Instead.
Old 09-04-2008, 07:51 AM
Fork Horn

Hello everyone!! I went out and checked the two game cameras I just put up this year. Both cameras are getting hit pretty good. I have about 20 pics on one and the other around 10. They haven't been out for long so I haven't pulled any pics from them yet.

First day of class for me today[:@]. I am only going Tuesdays and Thursdays this fall which gives me more time to hunt!!......... Also Looks like we are getting that much needed rain here in Michigan this week. Its coming down hard right now. The property I hunt is surrounded by corn all over. The corn this season is the tallest I have ever seen on the property and it really needs the rain. It hasn't rained here in Michigan in like a month it seems, besides for a few drops here and there. We had a high temp the other day in the mid 90's.......next weeks high........65!!! I can't wait till that first frosty morning 20ft up in October

-Sparrow
Old 09-04-2008, 09:12 AM

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

I hear ya Ben, my wife and I have been in the process of buying a business for the last few months and it's been pretty stressful. It was nice to just be able to chill and re-thinkour position and strategyfor a little while.

ORIGINAL: SparrowHawk

Hello everyone!! I went out and checked the two game cameras I just put up this year. Both cameras are getting hit pretty good. I have about 20 pics on one and the other around 10. They haven't been out for long so I haven't pulled any pics from them yet.

First day of class for me today[:@]. I am only going Tuesdays and Thursdays this fall which gives me more time to hunt!!......... Also Looks like we are getting that much needed rain here in Michigan this week. Its coming down hard right now. The property I hunt is surrounded by corn all over. The corn this season is the tallest I have ever seen on the property and it really needs the rain. It hasn't rained here in Michigan in like a month it seems, besides for a few drops here and there. We had a high temp the other day in the mid 90's.......next weeks high........65!!! I can't wait till that first frosty morning 20ft up in October

-Sparrow

Share the Pics!!!!

Quick Reply: Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.