Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11) >

Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Community

Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Old 09-02-2008, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

I don't know about you guys, but all of these post with people putting some big bucks down is driving me nuts!!!
Old 09-02-2008, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

WoooHooo!!!! Checked the camera tonight after work and had another big boy show up. Man I can't wait!!!

Another

A smaller eight

And the other BIG BOY

Old 09-02-2008, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Liking what I am seeing buckeye......You got a plan for that big boy yet?
Old 09-02-2008, 07:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea, in the picture there is a trail coming from the woods in the center of the picture where the other 8pt is coming from. That trail splits off back in the woods to the left and right. The right takes you to the corn fields and theleft takes you to the bedding area and water. Insert stand. Unless he cuts through the woods instead of taking a trail, he won't be able to get by me. The only wind I can hunt is a SW. It seems like all of the deer are using the same trail to the camera and feeder.

Old 09-02-2008, 08:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice deer buckeye!! I also like what I see!!
Old 09-02-2008, 10:26 PM

Hey guys,

Just got back from my opening weekend hunt lastnight. Unfortunately I never got a shot off on anything. We did however see a number of good animals. On opening morning at about 6:30 I had a small herd of elk working in toward my stand. I spotted a spike in the herd and was thinking that my elk hunt was going to be over only an hour or two into the season! The spike came in to about 25 yards but never stepped into any of my shooting lanes, so I couldnt get a shot off on him. I saw the same spike with the herd of about 8 cows 2 days later also, but they never came into my stand that time.

We saw 2 bobcats, 1 bear, a number of deer (no shooters though), a few herds of elk, and put out a forest fire! Seriously, my buddy and I came over this ridge on sunday morning at about 6 am and saw some smoke and figured it must have been someones camp and that they were cooking breakfast maybe...as we got closer we figured that it must be one helluva camp fire! a little closer and we saw wildfire, so we called 911 and then got some shovels from our rig and started digging out and smothering the fire. we got it under control and put it out and then left to go on our hunt, even tho we reaked like smoke. so after being winded by a buck from about 200 yards we figured we may as well go back to our rig and start the beer drinking a little early. as we get back we notice the fire has kicked up again, so we spend another hour digging and putting out the fire. it figures that as soon as we got it put out the second time, the fire crew pulls up in their truck.

anyways, i'm going to try to get a few mornings/nights in this week around home and see if i can have any luck here. Maybe i'll get a little good karma from putting out the fire and a nice buck will find his way to my stand.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Looks like you had an interesting weekend!!! I hope you get some good karma from putting out those fires. lol see we aren't even on the board yet and 3 teams have scored!!![&o]
Old 09-03-2008, 08:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

little bumpage for us to get off page 2
Old 09-03-2008, 09:52 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

Sparrowhawk,
I shoot the Max. Hunter, and I love these arrows. I'm sure you will love yours too.

Ben,
That's great to hear!!
whitetail these arrows fly so much faster then my other Carbon Express arrows... its nuts!!! Im shooting a older style bag and its not even going to work. I was blowing completely through the bag at 30 yards. Not gonna mess any of my fletching up that I just put on the day before so it looks like im going to have to invest in a new stronger target.

What kind of targets do you guys shoot?

Buckeye that is a nice looking 8pt!!!!
Old 09-03-2008, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SparrowHawk

ORIGINAL: whitetailbowhunter

Sparrowhawk,
I shoot the Max. Hunter, and I love these arrows. I'm sure you will love yours too.

Ben,
That's great to hear!!
whitetail these arrows fly so much faster then my other Carbon Express arrows... its nuts!!! Im shooting a older style bag and its not even going to work. I was blowing completely through the bag at 30 yards. Not gonna mess any of my fletching up that I just put on the day before so it looks like im going to have to invest in a new stronger target.

What kind of targets do you guys shoot?

Buckeye that is a nice looking 8pt!!!!
Sparrow, I have a block 4x4 and a cheaper bag. I will soon be upgrading to a morrell bag. The bags even the cheap ones will hold up to anything for a while. Its after they are shot in that you notice the difference. If I want to shoot the 101 at my bag I have tostay out of themiddle.

Quick Reply: Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.