Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11) >

Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Old 08-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Buckeye that buck sure has some character!!! I hope you get a good shot on him this season
Old 08-27-2008, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hope so too. I've got some stand sights picked for the climber and will TRY to stay out until the weather gets cooler. I plan on making some mock scraps around the stand sights and setting the camera up over them. I probably won't hunt this area until I get some evidence on the cameras that he is using this area during shooting hours. Nobody else hunts this property, so there's no rush. There's plenty of does there to keep him occupied..
Old 08-27-2008, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: buckeyehntr5

I hope so too. I've got some stand sights picked for the climber and will TRY to stay out until the weather gets cooler. I plan on making some mock scraps around the stand sights and setting the camera up over them. I probably won't hunt this area until I get some evidence on the cameras that he is using this area during shooting hours. Nobody else hunts this property, so there's no rush. There's plenty of does there to keep him occupied..
Sounds like you are taking the right approach Buck. Until you get the daylight pics, best to save it for the rut. It's hard, but sure works sometimes. Like I said, that is a slammer, I would like to see him in front of you.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,
Just reporting back from the hunt!
I didn't see anything, and I froze. I didn't think it was going to be that cold tonight!
going for some evening hunts the rest of this week. Hopefully I will have more luck.
Old 08-27-2008, 09:40 PM

I just got back in alsofrom hunting no deer I did see 1 coyote at 5 yards and 2 racoons at 10yards it was a nice night but when i heard the coyotes i should have went else where but time was tight so i stuck it out.

Hatchet Jack i have never done the harrisburg show,I don't have enough tags to make it worth while.
As for elk hunting it is open to manitoba residents only and we have to draw for them, I only offer archery whitetail Sorry guys i don't have a web site (I need one)
Old 08-28-2008, 06:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oakcreek

I just got back in alsofrom hunting no deer I did see 1 coyote at 5 yards and 2 racoons at 10yards it was a nice night but when i heard the coyotes i should have went else where but time was tight so i stuck it out.

Hatchet Jack i have never done the harrisburg show,I don't have enough tags to make it worth while.
As for elk hunting it is open to manitoba residents only and we have to draw for them, I only offer archery whitetail Sorry guys i don't have a web site (I need one)
Wow, is the cape in salt as we speak? I would love to get a shot at a yote with my bow and mount it. Sounds like a cool night on stand.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:35 AM

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

Wow, is the cape in salt as we speak? I would love to get a shot at a yote with my bow and mount it. Sounds like a cool night on stand.
I would have shot it also but are season for coyotes is not open yet and it was just a pup.
Old 08-28-2008, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ben / PA

I would have shot it also but are season for coyotes is not open yet and it was just a pup.
I see, in PA coyotes are almost always in season.
Old 08-28-2008, 09:29 AM

We just had a little cold snap here, and you can definitely feel the season is in the air. Today is my last day at work and then i'm leaving first thing in the morning. Gonna be pretty busy packing gear and rounding up those last minute items tonight.
Old 08-28-2008, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey y'all I'm 48 yrs old and have been hunting since I was 5. I started bow hunting when I was 13 and have been bowhunting only for probably 20 years now. I figure that I've killed between 30-40 deerif bow and arrow. You guys that are already hunting Good Luck and Be Safe.

Quick Reply: Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.