Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11) >

Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Old 09-01-2008, 08:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Bump!

I can't let us get on the second page![8D]
Old 09-01-2008, 10:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Matt,

When does your season start? Seeing lots of deer?
Old 09-01-2008, 04:06 PM
Fork Horn

Hello all, I Just got back from Gander Mountain and picked up fletchings for my new arrows. Im shooting Carbon Express Maximas this season. I got to do a little bit of shooting at my buddys target buck from his deck when we got back from the store. I was shooting real well with my older arrows. My new ones are a 1/4inch shorter but I think they will be perfect.. Im waiting on the fletchings to dry overnight so I can get out and test them tomorrow.

All you guys out on the stand already are killing me!!! Waiting for October 1st to come is getting harder and harder each day
Old 09-01-2008, 04:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SparrowHawk

Hello all, I Just got back from Gander Mountain and picked up fletchings for my new arrows. Im shooting Carbon Express Maximas this season. I got to do a little bit of shooting at my buddys target buck from his deck when we got back from the store. I was shooting real well with my older arrows. My new ones are a 1/4inch shorter but I think they will be perfect.. Im waiting on the fletchings to dry overnight so I can get out and test them tomorrow.

All you guys out on the stand already are killing me!!! Waiting for October 1st to come is getting harder and harder each day
I was going to go out tonight but doesn't look like I'll be able to go. It's pouring cats and dogs.
Old 09-01-2008, 05:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys.....hope everyone's weekend was good.Saw a solid 120 inch buck at a new spot....I already had the stands hung. Just felt right when I was there before.

Old 09-02-2008, 09:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sparrowhawk,
I shoot the Max. Hunter, and I love these arrows. I'm sure you will love yours too.

Ben,
That's great to hear!!
Old 09-02-2008, 09:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man guys y'all are killing me. I still have 1 1/2 months before season opens. The good news is that I'm shooting good so hopefully when Oct 18 finally rolls around I'll be ready.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:06 AM

I got out last night the rain let up for a couple of hours but the wind was still blowing pretty hard i sat in the stand till 7:30pm then got out. As i was driving into some wildlife management land i noticed some garbage on the trail, I come around the corner and there is a bunch of house hold garbage spread out for 100 yards It really jerked my chain that was why i didn't sit till dark I got in my truck and followed the tracks that the vehicle left behind and came across another dump site so i got out and searched for a name and address and found two pieces of paper with the owners name i went back to the first location and found a court summons in that garbage. I then came home and called the RCMP the constable came over and I took her back to were the garbage was dumped she took photos and we cleaned up the first mess filled the back of her truck she was very disgusted as well, We went over to the second location took more photos and she said she would have the jerk clean up the mess and any other she might see. So we got back to my place i gave my statement and the cop told me the fine would be in excess of $1000 just for the littering and she might find some kind of enviromental charge and what ever else she could think of.
Any way my hunting will be at a stand still for about 2 weeks i'm headed back to work shortly.
Good luck to you all
Old 09-02-2008, 10:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes it was quite windy last night...

I will be able to get out tonight and then it will all depend how much work I have at school.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oakcreek

I got out last night the rain let up for a couple of hours but the wind was still blowing pretty hard i sat in the stand till 7:30pm then got out. As i was driving into some wildlife management land i noticed some garbage on the trail, I come around the corner and there is a bunch of house hold garbage spread out for 100 yards It really jerked my chain that was why i didn't sit till dark I got in my truck and followed the tracks that the vehicle left behind and came across another dump site so i got out and searched for a name and address and found two pieces of paper with the owners name i went back to the first location and found a court summons in that garbage. I then came home and called the RCMP the constable came over and I took her back to were the garbage was dumped she took photos and we cleaned up the first mess filled the back of her truck she was very disgusted as well, We went over to the second location took more photos and she said she would have the jerk clean up the mess and any other she might see. So we got back to my place i gave my statement and the cop told me the fine would be in excess of $1000 just for the littering and she might find some kind of enviromental charge and what ever else she could think of.
Any way my hunting will be at a stand still for about 2 weeks i'm headed back to work shortly.
Good luck to you all
Oak, sounds like you did the right thing despite what would have been the easy thing in just going about your hunt. Doing this knowing that you were headed back to work for two weeks, that takes real character. I am proud to be your teammate.

Quick Reply: Official Team BackStrap Brigade Thread (11)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.