Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16) >

Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Community

Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Old 11-28-2008, 09:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

well guys no luck i've searched everywhere. i swear i put a good hit on him my cuz was w/ me and he swore it was good. i mean when the arrow hit him he hunkered up and ran off we never found a bed but we lost blood on some rr tracks. idk anyone that had tracking dogs. but idk mayb we can still find him by watchin for crows or somthin but i'll let u no gun season starts on mon. then bow till feb.
Old 11-30-2008, 08:29 AM

It sucks to loose a nice buck, but you gave it the best you could. Shake it off and find another one.
I don't think I'll be out tomorrow. We have 45mph. winds coming. That's a little too much for a tree. CHIT!!
Old 12-01-2008, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

We had the wind out here too yesterday. Along with snow, was pretty much billard like most of the day. I was on call for work, so sitting by the fire place wasn't all bad.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:11 AM

I can't wait to see that buck dayna.
Old 12-03-2008, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: archer58

We have 45mph. winds coming. That's a little too much for a tree. CHIT!!
C'mon, that's when it gets fun! Besides, you haven't really been on an excitingride until you've ridden out a hurricane on an old Knox class frigate.

Sorry about being out so long. I can't believe the "so close" encounters that I've had, but I just haven't been able to put it together. Onsix separate occasions I've had bucks that would have been over 110" within 50 yards of me - two were quick encounters within bow range andanother was 10 feet away, but right behind me. One of those encounters was with a slammer on public land in Missouri. He had to have been around a 160" buck. I was hunting in a light rain and had a doe seemingly "materialize" directly under me. She never spotted me, but she spooked and ran 20 yards out, stopped for a minute and trotted off. As I watched her, still a bit shocked at the sudden appearance, I sawabuck that was hot on her trailbreak out of the thick cover to my right, trot out to about 50 yards, stop and just look around for about 30 seconds, and then trot off after the doe. He had a beautiful 5x5 rack, tall and wide, and it was very dark (I assume from rubbing pine trees). All I could do was watch since this all took place within about 45 seconds and I was caught sitting down. Five minutes later I hear a "thud thud thud thud" coming from behind me and I'll be darned if a big heavy eight point didn't literallytrot right under me after the same doe! Once again, I was caught totally flat footed. I've had a great time so far, but it's been pretty frustrating. Lots of close calls with shooters, but I just can't seem to get lucky enough to put it together.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:58 PM
Fork Horn

Havent had luck w the bow yet but MD shotgun came in sat however I was home in PA for the holidays and the beginning of the rifle season this past monday. I got this 10 pt at 1130. 130 yard shot through one ear and out the other. The only shot I had. It has a 21 in spread. My uncle shot an 8 with a 19 in spread and then tues my grandfather shot a 8 with a 19 1/2 in spread. I am back in md now and plan on hunting tomm and fri evening and then most of the day say. I can kill 12 in the shotgun season but am only going to shoot a decent buck or a large doe. Between the does from earlier and this buck my freezer is full

Old 12-04-2008, 05:07 AM

Keep at it Johnny. You'll close the deal. It sounds like you have a sweet spot.

Great PA deer wacker. Where are you in PA??
Old 12-05-2008, 06:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice one whacker! Cleaned out his ear wax for'im ey!!Dont' ruin any meat that way for sure.

Keep after'em Johnny. That's one thing about bow hunting, sometimes the close encounters far outnumber the kills, but that's what keeps us going.
Old 12-06-2008, 07:04 AM

This week turned out to be a bust for me.
All 4 of us are sick. That's the fisrt time EVER we've all been
sick together. Man, what a drag!!!
Sore throats, fevers,chills and CRANKY.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

well guys bow season until next weekend then a 2 day gun season so i'll see wat i can shoot!!!!

Quick Reply: Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.