Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16) >

Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Community

Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Old 11-14-2008, 11:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 16 Thread

Well guys a got a nice doe tonight. me and my girl friend went huntin and i seen a doe about 600 yards accross this pond. so we walked up on a ridge and i told her to stay there n wen i went down and started up the other hill to point me in the right direction of the deer. so i ran around the pond up the hill and i looked over she point and i went about 150 yds. and crested the hill to see the deer. i was in about 2 foot high weeds and she was feedin on the edge of the weeds in a cut field so i went a little bit farther stood up and drew and put my 30 yd. pin on her and SMACK hit my mark to a tee i was so happy. but thats all i got for story time but that was my 1st stalk w/ a bow. and my girl got to help get close to the deer . well good luck everyone

Old 11-15-2008, 10:57 AM

Well, didnt get it done this year, sorry
Old 11-15-2008, 04:21 PM

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

Well, didnt get it done this year, sorry
It's all in the spirit of fun. Don't sweat it.
I still have 5 weeks of archery.
I really flubbed up today on a nice 10pt.............I WASN'T IN MY STAND.
According to one of my buddies he spotted him @ 1:00 with a doe on the side of the road.
He watched him walk down the hill 150ydrds.and right by my stand. I was at home eating lunch. I missed him bt an hour. &^%^(^$%$#&%(^
He'll be there in a couple weeks when our season opens again.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

Its been awhile since I've posted. Well the season so far has been interesting. On Oct 30 I killed a limb while trying to shoot an 8pt, on Nov 4 I missed a 10 pt with a drop and a kicker at 40 yards through red and green briars. On Nov 11 I climbed down my tree and had a buck walk in at 8 steps from me in the dark, I couldn't see my pins to shoot. I have passed on 13 deer 6 bucks this year so far. Haven't taken any does because I filled the freezer during early muzzleloader season. I have till Jan 31 though so there is still time, Keep at it fellas
Old 11-17-2008, 06:45 AM

It looks like it's been a tough year for all the teams by looking at the score card. No one has set the world on fire.
Who else can still hunt?
I have 5 more weeks possible.
Old 11-17-2008, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Got back from KS late last night. Congrats on the does for you two that took them. I passed on 7 different bucks in the last 10 days. Only one of them was close to being a shooter, guessing a 125", BUT that encounter was on my third day, and bigger buck sightings kept me from taking the shot. All the bucks that I passed shooting oppurtunites on came to rattling. All the shooter bucks that were sighted were with does, which makes them tought to hunt. I spent 4 days, Tues. through Friday, all day on stands.
I'm going to plan one more 4 day trip back to try again. I'm down, but not out!! Although rifle season starts on the weekend after Thanksgiving, that's when I'm thinking about going back, and I'll hunt with my bow. I just have to wear the required orange, and I'll hope that the rifle hunters don't kill all the big boys.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:35 PM

I could still hunt with a bow, but, i like to keep myself armed with the drunks we have running around my property now
Old 11-19-2008, 04:34 PM

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

I could still hunt with a bow, but, i like to keep myself armed with the drunks we have running around my property now
That sounds like PA.....a lot.
Old 11-20-2008, 04:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey bowtech with all the smack talk at the first of the season I thought it would be nice to let you share this one!!! Walt
Old 11-20-2008, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice one. Love the two little kickers!!

Quick Reply: Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.