Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16) >

Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Community

Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Old 10-05-2008, 11:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 16 Thread

I havent cooked a lot of it yet, Last year was my first full season and did not get a lot..... I like it cut into strips and flash fried. Its good cooked with garlic and onions in butter like deer. Another good way is to dip in eggs, roll in crushed potato chips and deep fry. real good this way..
ORIGINAL: Howler

Mark, what's your recipe for good duck or goose at the table? I made jerky out of the last geese I shot, it was alright. Best duck I had was many. MANY moons ago, when my grandma made duck and noodles with the old time rolled out noodles. Much like chicken noodle soup, but with the ducks that I had brought her. I haven't hunted waterfowl for probably 5 years.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:44 PM

I'll be out tomorrow evening again.
I'd hunt in the A.M. , but I have a honey-do-list. Oh Boy!!!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:45 PM

Man, set up a stand, Might save my tag for the rut after the way this stand feels. Only 1 tag this year, Buck or doe :-(
Old 10-07-2008, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

One tag would suck..... I will get out again next week. I will be going on the anual pheasent hunt this weekend and duck opens the same day. So back into the stand after the weekend. Good luck guys.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:12 PM

ORIGINAL: Bowtech 360

Man, set up a stand, Might save my tag for the rut after the way this stand feels. Only 1 tag this year, Buck or doe :-(
Why only one tag? I thought NY was full of deer.

I hit a doe tonight. Lots of pink blood on the arrow and a pass through.
But no doe. It was dark when me and 2 of my buddies started looking for her.
We spent 2 hours in the rain. Yeah...RAIN. It hasn't rained in a month and it descides to downpour tonight. I'm going back in the A.M. Things look better in the daylight.
If I hit her high and only got one lung, could she survive?
All the signs point to a good hit , except she was running like I didn't hit her. I can't imagine the way the arrow looked she could go far.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hope you find her Geno!! As to weather or not they can survive with one lung, I'm not sure, but I beleive they can.Quick story,I have a friend that shot a doe a few years ago and the shot was nearly straight down, not the best choice of shot angles to say the least. When we first took up the blood trail I actually made the comment that "she won'tbe far", and we were able to track her for over 1/2 mile before we lost blood. A grid search never recovered her. The blood trail was excellent at first but simply kept getting less and less the further we tracked her. Did she live and recover? I like to beleive so, but no way to ever really no for sure.
By the way, he was using the Rocky Mtn. Snyper broadhead, which the Rage is a take off of.
Old 10-09-2008, 02:50 PM

Well I hope you find her. Ya, I screwed up and waited too long to get my tags and you dont get DMP after OCT 1st. I have 2 tags, I either sex, and a buck only tag. So I guess im good. Just have to wait for a buck to come around. I realized that this property doesnt hold very big deer because the people around me shoot anything. I have some other places to hunt that hold some larger deer but its really tricky to hunt with a bow there.
Old 10-09-2008, 08:05 PM

Well, this morning I spent another 3 hours before work looking for my doe.
Sad to say, I didn't find her. So I'm back to square one. I have to shoot a doe before I can
shoot a buck.
I like to tell myself there is a reason for everything that happens. I hope the doe survived
and I hope I can correct myself from this last shot. I think in hind sight, I did not
bend at the waist enough. It won't happen again.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: archer58

Sad to say, I didn't find her. So I'm back to square one. I have to shoot a doe before I can
shoot a buck.
I like to tell myself there is a reason for everything that happens. I hope the doe survived
and I hope I can correct myself from this last shot. I think in hind sight, I did not
Sorry to hear that, Geno. I've been lucky and recovered every deer I've shot, so I can't say that I know how you feel, but after my last episode of almost not finding one, I think I can imagine what it must feel like.
Old 10-10-2008, 07:47 AM

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

ORIGINAL: archer58

shoot a buck.
Sorry to hear that, Geno. I've been lucky and recovered every deer I've shot, so I can't say that I know how you feel, but after my last episode of almost not finding one, I think I can imagine what it must feel like.
This was a first for me. I never lost one untill now.
It sucks!! I hope it never happens again.

Quick Reply: Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.