Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16) >

Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Community

Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Old 09-29-2008, 08:28 PM

Default RE: Official Team 16 Thread

Things are getting close. Saturday is the day.
I have to shoot a doe first since this is a management area, but freezer meat takes the pressure off.
I moved a stand Sunday and I think I'll put up one more Friday afternoon. That's a total of 4.
I have 2 great stands for rut time.
I always use my Summit climber too, just to stay mobile.
Go get'em guys.
Old 09-30-2008, 01:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just checking in, I will be out Wed. good luck guys
Old 09-30-2008, 04:02 AM

Good Hunting Mark. Stick one.
Old 09-30-2008, 07:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm hoping for ya guys. I've got about 4 weeks before I'll even get out to hunt deer in KS.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:42 PM

I got the GT500 back yesterday. BH tuned it tonight.
Shootin' darts now.
3days to go. Saturday morning can't come toooo soon.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:18 PM
Fork Horn

Well i was out agin tonight i seen 4 does n 1 buck nothin big tho i want to shoot a doe but i never had a good shot. all were close jsut not where i wanted them. but the bat. in the cam is dead so i got to get new ones n then see wats on some of the new area i got to hunt!!
Old 10-01-2008, 12:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

kicked up two bucks putting up my stand yesterday monring. Maybe they will be there in the AM again. It sure is hard to hunt deer when you can hear geese flying. I never thought I would find something I enjoy more than bow hunting..... duck and goose are a ball. It would be nice if I could get a buck right off the bat like I did two yrs ago.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mark, what's your recipe for good duck or goose at the table? I made jerky out of the last geese I shot, it was alright. Best duck I had was many. MANY moons ago, when my grandma made duck and noodles with the old time rolled out noodles. Much like chicken noodle soup, but with the ducks that I had brought her. I haven't hunted waterfowl for probably 5 years.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's going to be nice to get back out there Saturday morning. I'm heading to Arkansas this weekend, and the forecast couldn't be better. I'll get up Saturday morning to a clear 50 degree morning, which is unusually cold for this time of year. The wind is slated to be almost perfect (of course, that can change). So, here we go again! Hope this one works out better. If I don't see a shooter buck on Saturday or early Sunday morning, I plan on taking a mature doe at the end of the morning sit. Yes, this place is one that I can almost guarantee I'll be able to deliver at least a doe.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LittleChief
Yes, this place is one that I can almost guarantee I'll be able to deliver at least a doe.
I take it back. I just got off the phone with my brother. He actually has a stand set up overlooking a feeder, and he didn't see ANYTHING today. He said that the acorn drop was already massive there. I've got one advantage over him, though. There's a huge stand of white oaks close to my stand, and I'm perched on a travel route to them. We'll see. I won't be back on until I get back on Sunday. Good luck to those who are hunting this weekend. To those who aren't hunting yet..... well, I won't rub it in.

Quick Reply: Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.