Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16) >

Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Old 08-21-2008, 08:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 16 Thread

ORIGINAL: Hunter20084

sup beginer bowhunter this year live in mo almost 12 also question does a doe give you points
Hunter,
Does don't give you points. Besides, I see you're a Missouri home boy. From Rolla, right? You should have plenty of bucks up there in that area! I drove through Rolla last year on the way to hunt in Miller county. I can tell you one thing... I WILL NOT go back to hunt that place in Miller county. Those were some absolutely "strange" locals. We were in camp the second night and a beat up old pickup with a spotlight sticking out the passenger windowdrove right by our camp and stopped in a positionoverlooking a valley on the property my friend owned. 150 yards from our camp fire, the passengerwas shining the light all over the valley. Another idiot was standing in the back of the truck with a rifle. My friendyelled andasked what they were doing here. They responded, and I'm quoting here: "Aw, we 'uz jus' drivin' 'roun ta see if'n we couldn't pop one".True story.
Old 08-21-2008, 08:54 PM

ORIGINAL: LittleChief

ORIGINAL: Hunter20084

sup beginer bowhunter this year live in mo almost 12 also question does a doe give you points
Hunter,
Does don't give you points. Besides, I see you're a Missouri home boy. From Rolla, right? You should have plenty of bucks up there in that area! I drove through Rolla last year on the way to hunt in Miller county. I can tell you one thing... I WILL NOT go back to hunt that place in Miller county. Those were some absolutely "strange" locals. We were in camp the second night and a beat up old pickup with a spotlight sticking out the passenger windowdrove right by our camp and stopped in a positionoverlooking a valley on the property my friend owned. 150 yards from our camp fire, the passengerwas shining the light all over the valley. Another idiot was standing in the back of the truck with a rifle. My friendyelled andasked what they were doing here. They responded, and I'm quoting here: "Aw, we 'uz jus' drivin' 'roun ta see if'n we couldn't pop one".True story.
Sounds like an unsafe situation[:@]

Well with 8/10 members checked in, I think we should get down to business.

My vote is for me Captain and the name Tine Takers
Old 08-22-2008, 12:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wez Shotin Good tines
For team name

I dont want captin.
Old 08-22-2008, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well Jim,Geno (Archer58) is going to get my first vote for Captain(especially since he doesn't mind doing it again) and then TR (Howler)gets my second. Somehow, it seems the team captain should have more experience with this evolution than some of us have (I'm right down there at the newbie level).
Old 08-22-2008, 08:00 AM

I don't want captain. I'll be away from home more then I'll be home in the fall. I don't care what we call are selfs,as long as they can't make fun of us . Last year I was on the team freezer fillers ,I thought that sounded stupid.What I would like to see is we go 10 for 10 on bucks this year.I don't think that has ever happened on one team. Who has killed a buck with their bow on our team .I have take around 10 bucks with my bow ,2 in ohio 1 in illinios and the rest here in pa. Last year in mid dec. I hit a twig and missed an eazy 15 yard shot at a personal best buck in illinios.I still lose sleep over that one.

[/align]
Old 08-22-2008, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry it took so long to post guys! But yep I'm here, no worries. Ah, I'm Brandon, 16 years old. I'll be hunting all over WI this year. Got 6 spots to hunt this year, including 3 totally new ones. But, these new spots have the most potential according to my Cuddeback! I also got a totally new bow set up this year. Instead of my ole Browning I'm shooting a brand spankin new 08 Bowtech Guardian, Easton FMJ's (with orange tiger stripe wrap and Blazers), and Rages. Overall, I'm real excited for this season and hopefully I can put my first buck down! Glad to be with you guys (and some of you again, LittleChief).
Old 08-22-2008, 03:19 PM

Good to hear from you Brandon. One more to account for.
If you guys want me, I'll do the captain thing if everyone is in agreement.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:33 PM

ORIGINAL: archer58

Good to hear from you Brandon. One more to account for.
If you guys want me, I'll do the captain thing if everyone is in agreement.
Ya, you can do captain if you want, I dont really care. Welcome ill bold your name on the list right after this post. It seems we have alot of young peoples on this team. Well I might get a job now that Im 15 so It might cut into my hunting time 2 days a week 1 hunt so its not that bad.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: dayna0306

I don't want captain. I'll be away from home more then I'll be home in the fall. I don't care what we call are selfs,as long as they can't make fun of us . Last year I was on the team freezer fillers ,I thought that sounded stupid.What I would like to see is we go 10 for 10 on bucks this year.I don't think that has ever happened on one team. Who has killed a buck with their bow on our team .I have take around 10 bucks with my bow ,2 in ohio 1 in illinios and the rest here in pa. Last year in mid dec. I hit a twig and missed an eazy 15 yard shot at a personal best buck in illinios.I still lose sleep over that one.

[/align]
Hey Dayna, I was on your team last year (freezer fillers) and I couldn't agree more with the bad name. Who the heck picked that? I posted the same thing on our team thread. Good luck to you and your team.
Old 08-22-2008, 04:50 PM

ORIGINAL: Red 5 stdby

ORIGINAL: dayna0306

[/align]
Hey Dayna, I was on your team last year (freezer fillers) and I couldn't agree more with the bad name. Who the heck picked that? I posted the same thing on our team thread. Good luck to you and your team.

Stay in your own team thread...J/K

Good luck this season man.

Quick Reply: Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.