Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16) >

Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Community

Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Old 10-25-2008, 08:07 AM

Default RE: Official Team 16 Thread

Ya, the weather here was raining when i woke up so i didnt go out. Looks like rain all weekend. Mabey ill brave the rain tonight
Old 10-27-2008, 01:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Made it out Fri. morning, seen a spike at about 15 yrds, let it walk. Nice spike though, about 8-10 inch tines... Devil deer....
Old 10-27-2008, 05:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Got back from KS., and was hoping to read that one of my team mates had put us on the board, because I didn't get a chance to let an arrow fly. I saw 6 different bucks, rattled two of them in and I saw about 20 or so bald headed deer. No shooter bucks were spotted, and I chose to pass on several of the does, for now. Spent the first morning looking for a "dead" deer that my buddys dad shot last Monday evening. We were almost hoping to find it by way of help from crows, because we figure if it is dead, the crows would've found it by now. I haven't seen the video, BUT it sounds like the shot looked pretty dang good, if anything, maybe too low, but everyone that has looked at the video, says dead deer. Not sure, but if it's dead, it's hiding real good because they've had a small army looking for it. Bad thing is, is that it's my buddys dad's first bow deer and it's said to score 150" to 160".
I only had one evening sit that I never got to see a thing. No chasing going on yet, and as others have said, early morning and late evening is the only deer movement going on yet. I'll be going back for 9 or 10 days on Nov. 6th to try again. The rut WILL be going on by then, no doubt about it.

And on edit, this morning while on stand, I had a bunch of doe file by, so I decided to go through the motion of shooting one. When I drew and aimed at the lead doe, I noticedthe fiber on my HHA sight was broke. Not sure when that happened, but I got a replacement ordered, so I should have it "fixed" before I head back next week. Cost to replace just the pin gaurd/scope and fiber, about $80.+. Ouch!!!!![:@]Once I get the new one, I'll send this one in to be repaired and then will have a "spare."
Old 10-27-2008, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

well guys i hung 2 stands on sat. but just have had no time to hunt i have a fire wood bussiness adn work so i'm booked but work is pretty much done since it's lawn care. so once i get caught up on wood i can hunt hunt hunt. but where i hung one stand we seen a nice nice 10 point the other spot there is a load of does workin it so bucks should be movin in soon. it's spittin snow here in ohio right now this morning it was only 32 and the other morning it was 22 so it's gettin close i have seen so many scrapes it's crazy i just can't wait to get hunting more! good luck to everyone

Oh and i was wonderin has anyone tried that border crossing labs VS1 doe in heat if so is it worth the money cause i realy wanted to try it???
Old 10-27-2008, 08:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've never tried the VS1, have tried very few attractant scents over the years, so I guess I ain't much help.
I hauled a load of firewood/ash back from KS.this trip. Love that wood. I also get some osage orange, oak, chinese elm, and some evergreen which I hate because it's so dang hard to split and too many branches to cut off just to get a log. Also get some pine here locally to mix in. What are the main woods that are used in your neck of the woods.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:56 PM

Howdy boys,
I have been pretty busy lately so I wasn't on over the weekend.
Nothing to report here.
I scouted Sunday and saw 6 does on their feet moving in the middle of the afternoon at 2:00. Wierd.
All the guys I know here are frustrated that the deer are not moving. Everyone was in the woods on Sunday looking.
There doesn't seem to be any acorns left anywhere...could be the problem.
The good news is it's getting colder and November is close.
Old 10-28-2008, 02:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Nothing to report here.. Good luck guys, keep at it.
Old 10-28-2008, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

Around here i mainly use Oak wild cherry Elm Locus And some other wood i never cut pine tho it's to ahrd on your saw runnin it threw all the sap and stuff. but i have several loads on order i got to get hauled but i'm gettin there i've hauled about 18 loads witch isn't bad but i hope i can start hunting more soon. And then trapping season will be here thats somthin i can't wait for!!!
Old 10-29-2008, 02:57 PM

Well seen a 4 point, thats it for bucks.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:07 AM

I haven't seen a thing. The mast is dried up in most places. Too many places that are being logged.
I guess I'll have to do some scouting instead of hunting this weekend.
There's very little sign anywhere.

Quick Reply: Official Team Sunrise Assassins Thread (16)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.