Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43) >

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Old 10-08-2008, 08:00 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

RDHunter-keep your head up. I haven't even been in the woods yet! I will be after this CO trip though. Oct 18th should be a good day I hope.
Old 10-08-2008, 08:43 PM
Typical Buck

Well I was in the stand tonight and got completely soaked, man was it raining. I did however see 2 does worth shooting. The problem is it was wet and I did not hear or see them until they were about 10 yards away. I did come to full draw but could not get a good opening in the trees. They then blew out of there quickly. they did not blow or anything just hauled butt, so not sure exactly what spooked them. It was good just to see something that I would have liked to release an arrow on.

Good Luck everyone.
Old 10-10-2008, 06:58 AM
Giant Nontypical

Good luck guys; who's hunting this weekend?
Old 10-10-2008, 07:18 AM
Fork Horn

Had yesterday off, went and moved 1 stand closer toa bedding area that a real good 10 points been using.I've been getting alot of pictures in this one area, so when the conditions are right I'll go hunt it.Put up a new one on another piece of land, for use during my vacation, and cleared out another...............I think I will go out tonight, not this weekend though......they say the temps might hit 80.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I went out yesterday morning. Did notsee any bucks but had something similar happen like SC. Had a doe and 2 fawns come in at 8 o'clock. Did not know they came in untill I saw tails flickering through the canopy of leaves 20 yds. from my stand. I wanted badly to take the doe and was just waiting for her to come into one of my shooting lanes. One of the fawns got down wind and caught a bit of my scent and trotted off followed by the next fawn and then the doe. Also seen 3 nice toms. they busted me in the tree from 60yds. out. Good luck to the rest of you guys out there.
Old 10-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

So how'd everyone's weekend go? I had two sits totalling about 5 hours (not much time to hunt with school on Friday, and parents having to work Saturday) and saw 4. Came close, got some decent footage of two of them.
Old 10-13-2008, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Didn't get to hunt at all

Been Drilling wheat..then today I had to disc

so I prolly won't get to hutn till middle of the week....mabe!
Old 10-13-2008, 09:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Went out Sunday for an all day hunt , saw two doe's in the morning stand and a small spike buck at the evening stand.
Just got home from doing another all day hunt on a freinds private land , had five does within forty yards took a shot at one ( missed ) [:@]then they all left.
Later on I had a four pointer standing boardside 15 yards away ( sorry guys ) I let him walk he wouldn't have scored well anyways.
I'll try again in a couple of days , hope and pray for better things to come.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Going to duck out of work early Thursday and hunt the afternoon.....good luck guys.
Old 10-16-2008, 07:37 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guys just got back from Colorado for out yearly elk hunt. We were on the elk everyday we were there. I did connect on a cow but unfortunately I couldn't find her. Actually, I already said my story here:http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3104637. I'll be in the stand on Saturday morning for my first bowhunt of the year. I wish everybody luck and hope our team gets on the board soon.

Quick Reply: Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.