Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43) >

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Old 10-02-2008, 03:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Good luck boys....I'm going out Sat. or Sun. morning. I thinkthe cooler morning temps. are going to give me the best chances at seeing something. It.s supposed to get up around 70 during the afternoon.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:05 AM
Fork Horn

Hello guys, see no one scored while I was gone. My trip out West was awesome, couldn't havedrawn itupany better. The flights were right on time, the weather was just about perfect. High 70's daytime...sunny with light winds and low humidity. Seen lots of wildlife, some dandy muley bucks, big antelope bucks and a couple bull elk. Man, I wish I would have had some kill tags. Oh well, it was just nice getting back out there!
Tonight we have frost warnings out for our county, starting to feel like hunting weather.....probably be a few more days before I get back out though. Need to start hanging a few rut setups....for my vacation. Oct. 23rd thru Nov.12th.......that's when I get serious.
Good luck to alland let's get on the board.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:28 AM
Typical Buck

Yeah it's starting to get cool here in the mornings(NW MO). Next Thursday I'll be heading to Pearl, CO to do a little Elk hunting. Looks like snow and rain the entire time. Last year was very hard hunting with 24 inches of snow on the ground and dropping down to the single digits at night. What was worse was our camper's heater hit the fritz so we froze our arses off. Hope this year is more successful. The 18th I might be in the stand if the weather looks right.
Old 10-05-2008, 09:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Went out yesterday morning. Seen 1 deer, a bruiser buck about 300 yds.across the bean field. Going back out this evening....Good luck team.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:22 AM
Typical Buck

Hey guys went and checked my camera after leaving it out for about a month and a half. Got the 12 pointer on there. The pic is sorta fuzzy b/c there seems to be dew getting on the lens. This camera is where I plan to use my climber. There isn't any food sources or mineral licks there. I just put it on a funnel where I thought there would be some deer activity so it's pretty neat seeing those two guys sparring with each other.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:18 AM
Fork Horn

Nice buck..... Went out Sat. evening, had a good feeling....just felt like a good night. Well it wasn't for me, saw just one deer andthat was right at dark. Couldn't even tellif it was a doe or buck. At about 6 my brother calls me from another farm we hunt. He said he had just stuck a 10 point, from a ground blind with his 6 year old son. Him and his son meet me back at my house and we decide to go look for it. We load up the truck, my 8 year old son also in tow. After about 20 minutes and 100 yards of tracking, we found him.......Good looking buck, 10 pts 15 1/4" inside spread.
Old 10-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Typical Buck

Hey Guys hows it going? I know its been a while but I have been battling a terrible problem of not seeing deer. I have been so disappointed so far this year. I had four deer down at this point last year. This year I have not even drawn my bow back. Good luck everyone. Sorry for not being more of a part on here.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Plenty of time left guys, good luck, keep us posted!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys,

Sorry I haven't been around in a while - been real busy with work lately.

I've only been out twice, and I haven't seen any bucks yet. I did whack a doe Friday night - first deer of the season. She offered me a perfect 15 yard slightly quartering away shot and I put the Slick Trick exactly where I wanted. She only ran twenty yards.

My dad has been seeing a real Bruiser behind his house - I'm going to try that spot and see if I can run an arrow through him....

Good luck boys....
Old 10-07-2008, 08:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well .... another nice day in the woods , another night coming home empty handed [>:]don't these deer know how to cooperate.
I mean for crying out loud I'm wasting away to nothing here , only saw one doe as she was walking away.
Somebody gotta tell those bucks to come out and play , don't they know I got mouths to feed at home.
I'll keep trying , one of these days I'm bound to be at the right place at the righttime.

Quick Reply: Official Team Broadhead Bandits Thread (43)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.