Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Treestand Assassins Thread (6) >

Official Team Treestand Assassins Thread (6)

Official Team Treestand Assassins Thread (6)

Old 09-09-2008, 08:41 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Treestand Assassins (needs an Avatar)Thread (6)

Thanks that 12 pt is really got a bullseye on him for me this year, he diffently going to be my target buck.. Walt
Old 09-09-2008, 10:30 PM

Looks like you will be covered up in them once again Stickbow. I have somewhat dropped the bar on a shooter buck for the upcoming season due to 1) im tired of passing decent bucks for a P&Y sized for my first with a bow and 2) I lost my two best hunting parcels due to leasing/flooding.

That being said, if anything it helps my chances of scoring. Im not going out and shooting the first dink buck I see by any means, but if a decent basket rack tickles my fancy this year, its getting the shaft. me and a buddy have two 8 pointers pretty well pinned right now about 5 minutes from my house. Once I get all my papers caught up from the classes I missed chasing antelope in SD, Ill be bowhunting almost daily.

I have faith that this is the year, I lowered my standards somewhat for this season and still have some excellent parcels of land to hunt. Time for a first buck with the bow, whatever it might be.
Old 09-11-2008, 10:20 AM
Fork Horn

Well bow season starts up in two days and i am hoping that everything goes well... i want to shoot a baldy right away to knock the rust off... but i hope everything goes well for everyone else
Old 09-11-2008, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

MN, Good luck with the coming season in a couple days be safe hunt hard and shoot straight!!! Te, Holding out for a P&Y for your first are you crazy?? Heck my first with a bow was a 70# doe.. Get that first under yor belt and then start raising the bar!! Best of luck to all!! Walt
Old 09-11-2008, 06:47 PM
Typical Buck

I wish he would get closer to the camera so I can get a better look at him.

Old 09-11-2008, 11:38 PM
Fork Horn

well now i got 2 eight points on my camera.... i can not wait... this is going to be awesome...
Old 09-12-2008, 03:34 PM

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

MN, Good luck with the coming season in a couple days be safe hunt hard and shoot straight!!! Te, Holding out for a P&Y for your first are you crazy?? Heck my first with a bow was a 70# doe.. Get that first under yor belt and then start raising the bar!! Best of luck to all!! Walt
Yea, I am yet to get a bow kill and im going after the first doe that i see. The only thing thati ever passed on was this tiny 3 point that i rattled in last year. I just couldn't bring myself to shoot it.
Old 09-12-2008, 07:54 PM

ORIGINAL: stikbow26

My family doesnt eat the meat with me when I do harvest one...so up until this year I had no interest in killing does....and bucks, well the farms I was hunting had potential...we'll put it that way. I say P&Y but 115" would have got the shaft as well. I wanted my first buck to be a respectable one...and still do. But this year Im sticking a doe or two as me and friends make TONS of jerky each winter. My pronghorn knocked both doe or buck off the list for first for me though....now whatever I take will be the second.

I will say, anything with 8 points this year...gets an arrow. My hunting lands arent looking amazing like my previous farms did. We still have a few dandys running around, but Im ready to have a buck on the ground to build off of.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:20 PM
Typical Buck

Good luck to everyone on their upcoming seasons!! Life is busy, I will check in more later.
Old 09-13-2008, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

Bow Season was almost cancelled. Here i am getting cut out of my patrol car. i got pinned between the door and the in car computer. i thought for sure my left leg was broken but it was just the sharp pain of having my keys that were in my pocketcrammed into my thigh. My partner and I escaped with only bumps and bruises. but on to huning.... Been really busy up here in Detroit i havent had a chance to check any cameras. Looks like ill have to get the cards out of the camera when i go out to hunt. I cant wait for Oct 1. Ill be in the woods for sure the 1st to the 5th so hopefully i can contribute to our score.

Quick Reply: Official Team Treestand Assassins Thread (6)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.