Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Treestand Assassins Thread (6) >

Official Team Treestand Assassins Thread (6)

Community

Official Team Treestand Assassins Thread (6)

Old 09-29-2008, 06:26 PM

Default RE: Official Team Treestand Assassins (needs an Avatar)Thread (6)

Went hunting all weekend and saw a lot of deer and turkeys. Last night I missed a tall 6 point from the ground at about 25 yards. He ducked the arrow a little and i misjudged the distance a little. The arrow hit a tree about a inch above his back and he took off. But now looking back he was a only a one to two in half year old deer. Glad that he got away clean and i didn't just wound him. I'm pretty pumped for fall turkey season to start in two weeks, hoping to get one for the dinner table.
Old 09-29-2008, 06:50 PM
Typical Buck

Ok let me tell you about my weekend. It was supposed to rain on Saturday so I opted to hunt from the ground blind. Well as my luck would have it I didnt see 1 drop of rain or any deer. But I did have a heck of a time keeping this guy out of the blind.

Then on Sunday I went to a different property and sat in the stand until about 10 am only seeing 1 deer. When I was walking back to my truck I decided to take a different rout and walk past a small island of trees in a field that is about 100 yards away from the woods. Just as I got on the back side of the trees I bumped 2 deer out of there. I didnt see them until they were 5 steps away from the woods. I didnt get a look at the first deer but the second was a shooter buck go figure. So I got out of that property and headed to a spot in a different county for the evening. I sat on a trail that deer have been seen using to access a field. The only movement I saw all night was 2 fourwheelers go buzzing by me heading down to an old barn. I sent the guy who lives there a text message and he went back there to find these kids drinking beer, claimed they didnt know it was private property. About 20 minutes to sunset a buck entered the field from a different trail. He walked along the edge of the field close enough for me to be able to take a shot. I found the best opening to stop him in and I wait for him to walk to it. Just as he gets there I attempt to stop him. MHAAA. He takes 3 more steps then stops making the only shot a gut shot, so I let my bow back down and call it an evening. Sorry for the long read but I was bored tonight.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry for what you keep us guys that can't hunt yet pumped up!!! YOu should have got right back on that shooter you bumped, he will keep useing the same bed most of the time. See when you bump a buck as you did for the first time he is just going to think that everything went right. He either smelt you saw you or heard you and he got away so everything went right for him and he will be back in that same bed, Bump'em and dump'em a friend of mine taught us this and trust me has about 20 book bucks and I have watched him several times take monsters this way!!Walt
Old 09-30-2008, 03:46 PM
Fork Horn

6:00pm here in michigan... getting ready to head up north until sunday. wish me luck. good luck to everyone hunting this weekend.
Old 09-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

Old 10-01-2008, 05:07 PM

Killed a doe yesterday PM, now its time to work on that Buck tag.
Old 10-01-2008, 09:29 PM

The story of my season so far is turkeys. I have seen them every time i have been out. Can't wait for the fall turkey season to start next week so i can get one for thanksgiving dinner.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

Sounds like everyone is having some fun. So far I have seen 6 bucks and quite a few does. I am way out in the middle of crop ground, so I am waiting for a very nice buck to step out of the corn. They are getting a good start on the beans, and the corn will be soon to follow. I will be taking my daughter out for the last time this year in the morning to try and fill her youth tag. Good luck everyone and good shooting!!
Old 10-05-2008, 03:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

One of the Lt's on my shift was riding his motorcycle yesterday and saw 10 does and a monster buck a couple hundred yards from my back property line. He said he counted at least 10 long points but felt it was a 12 with about a 22" spread. He also said that it was thicker than he's seen and was still in velvet. Before you think that discounts his story -- I killed one almost this late on eyear that was still in velvet. I already had plans to hunt the stand closest to where he was on Monday morning. It hasn't been hunted yet this year and produced a 12 point last year. Hopefully, I'll get a crack at this guy Monday and contribute to our score.
Old 10-06-2008, 08:17 AM
Typical Buck

Good Luck Dave. Sunday morning I had a "Rob" buck and a spike walk just behind me and also saw 5 doe but no clean shots available. I plan to take my son out hopefully twice this week.

Quick Reply: Official Team Treestand Assassins Thread (6)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.