Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39) >

Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39)

Community

Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39)

Old 10-31-2008, 08:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39)

congrats.......cristine
Old 11-01-2008, 10:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Christine with a P&Y, sweet!
Old 11-01-2008, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well...got my deer scored.

52 5/8

Good luck to everyone else!!
Old 11-01-2008, 01:07 PM
Super Moderator

I think you're missing an 'h' measurement.

Each side gets four 'H' measurements. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=3005127&mpage=4

Old 11-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

oops....got it.

It went up to 53 7/8...every inch counts!!
Old 11-01-2008, 10:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

we are 4th in the standings and are down by 100 or so points....Lets get after em hard!!!!
Old 11-02-2008, 09:54 AM
Typical Buck

Well stories are all I have AGAIN. The spot I'm hunting went dead this week but I'm expecting it to be only a matter of time. I have been watching across the street from the property I hunt which isonly 200 yards away from my tree stand. I have been seeing some monsters(10pts in the 150-170 range)over there running onthe hillside maybe 600-800 yards away from my spot.The deer usuallytravel between my property and the other one. This year however it seems to be a little slower. Hopefully it picks up and GOOD LUCKTO THOSE STILL HUNTING.
Old 11-03-2008, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well the weekend is over, the time has changed, and not more hunting after work. I do have off this Friday and next Monday so I get 4 straight days to be in the tree.

On a different note, I killed another deer on Sunday. I had 3 deer come trotting in behind my stand at 9 am Sunday morning. I heard them coming and noticed they were headed towards my only shooting lane behind me. I stood and came to draw as they neared the lane. I did a suttle "mahh" to get the lead deer to put on the breaks...she did, but a bit too late. Only the back half of her body was in the lane. The second deer stopped perfect. I glanced and the deer's head and saw nothing. I put my pin on the crease and let it fly. Thwack! Complete pass thru and deer running everywhere. After I got down and went and got my buddy we proceeded to track. Once we found the deer my budding got there first and said..."It's a BB." NOOOOO. I was hoping he was joking...he wasn't. Needless to say I'm not very happy about that. It happened so fast. From the time I heard the deer coming to the time I shot was less than 10 seconds. I haven't made that mistake in almost 15 years. I know I should be happy with more meat, and I am. I'm just bummed that it was Bambi! Oh well. Now it's time for real bone. Good luck to everyone heading out this week.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well, my week off was fruitless. Hunting with my brother was rough, the weather was horrible. We had high winds and driving rain/snow. Never saw a buck, let alone a shooter. Back to IL on Tuesday, hunted from dawn till dusk on Weds thru Saturday, saw two shooters at distance, and a few does. Probably the slowest I've seen it since I've been hunting here. The weather obviously was a huge factor with daytime temps in the mid-70s. This weekend looks to be right though between the mooon and the weather, so hopefully I have good news come Monday!
Old 11-04-2008, 05:29 PM
Fork Horn

I am leaving for KS in the morning

I will hunt there till the 15th

Quick Reply: Official Team Bonetech Commanders thread (39)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.