Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team The Horse Tamers Thread (14) >

Official Team The Horse Tamers Thread (14)

Community

Official Team The Horse Tamers Thread (14)

Old 09-04-2008, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team The Horse Tamers Thread (14)

Aaron, I was one click away from purchasing the Ultimate Camo too. Which pieces did you get? I think my son could probably use some hunting clothes more than I do.
I got:

-Pants
-Bowhunting Jacket
-Cap with Logo
-Gloves
-Face mask

I'm excited about recieving them, I think they will do really well.
Old 09-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Official Team 14 Thread

O yea, Cityboy! I about forgot, my family and I went out to Colorado at the beginning of August. We drove through Kansas City. On the way back we hit the time of day just right. Right outside K city on the interstate there were deer everywhere. I counted right at 50 and that was going 75 mph. I also never get tired of looking inside the Royals baseball field off the interstate. There were playing at the time to. Try and get ahold of some ground around there and you should have pretty good luck. Is it heavily hunted that you know of?
Old 09-08-2008, 06:40 AM
Fork Horn

Yea, Collin. If you hit the highway at the right time of day it's pretty spectacular. There's a stretch of 71 Highway, north of St. Joseph where the Missouri River is on the West, crops along the highway, and bluffs a few hundred feet to the east. Those crops are just packed a feeding time. I'm surprised I haven't run off the road in that area yet.
I don't think this area is heavily hunted, compared to other states and what I have heard. Since I hunt on public land it's just a matter of getting in as deep as possible, even if you think there are better hunting places closer to the road.
Aaron, let me know when your camo arrives. I think if I had to improve any of my gear it would be my face mask. I need one that exposes my nose so that I can feel the string.
MISSOURI ARCHERY SEASON STARTS ONE WEEK FROM TODAY.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

Hows it going guys? Got back last night from my bear hunt. Not one of us got a bear, there was 6 of us hunting. It was some tough bear hunting this year. Now Its whitetail time boys!!! I hope I fair better with them.[>:]
Old 09-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Welcome back Schultzy! Sorry about your luck... Im sure it wasnt wasted though.

I got my camo... and I must say the face mask is my least favorite.lol I like it to fit tight to my face like spandex, the UC is loose fitting, It may be perfect for what you are considering. Shoot me a pm, I can hook you up.
Old 09-09-2008, 01:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here's some pics of the Ultimate Camo, in case you didnt see the thread.

Old 09-10-2008, 06:00 PM
Typical Buck

Looks good! I’ve been eyeing that camo myself but haven’t pulled the trigger on it. I did go up to my buddies shop to buy an extra Lone Wolf stand hook and walked out with something else other than the hook. I was waiting for the 2009 season but couldn’t resist at shooting one he had set up in his shop. Took five shots and turned to him and said, go ahead and set me up one.

So, here it is my new set up for 2008. It a Hoyt Katera named “Elisabeth” (after the very hot and sexy Elisabeth Shue). It should be totally complete on Friday when my sight arrives and arrows are re-fletched. I ordered a custom grip from Git-A-Grip, which might take a little time. I’m sending them 800 year old Yellow Alaskan Cedar to make into my side grips. Should be pretty sweet when it’s done Here's everything she'll be wearing this year which starts on Monday! I'm not worried, she be ready

Hoyt Katera
Custom Grip
Montana Black Gold Trap Door
NAP Fast Flip Arrow Holder
HHA OL-5519
Redhawk Master Pro Peep
Doinker A Bomb 5" Multi Rod Hunter Plus
Hoyt 4 Arrow Quiver (detachable)
PSE X Wave STL Hunters
NAP 100gr. Nitron
NAP 2" Quikspin ST Speed Hunter Vanes
Easton Tracer Nocks
Scott Little Goose
Primos Bow Sling

Old 09-10-2008, 07:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

That thing looks Sweet GOBL!! Good Luck Monday.

Lets post up pics of what were all using this year. I'll get some new ones of mine in a little while.
Old 09-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm drooling.

I want one of those SO bad.

But...I did almost walk out of the pro shop with a Z28, again, tonight[&:]
Old 09-10-2008, 10:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

My recurve...

Quick Reply: Official Team The Horse Tamers Thread (14)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.