Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Offical Team The Underdogs Thread (22) >

Offical Team The Underdogs Thread (22)

Community

Offical Team The Underdogs Thread (22)

Old 09-09-2008, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Team 22 Offical Thread

yea ur lucky we still got 3 weeks.....o well give me time to practice
Old 09-15-2008, 12:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Well I got my cam out today and hope to get some pic's of some deer soon. Still have a couple stand's to get out ,but it's looking like I might have to wait to put them out till after I return from my archery moose hunt. I'll be leaving on the 25th of Sept and will be gone for 2 week's .When I return from the moose hunt The deer season will already have begun ,so I'll be getting right at her when I return.

nubo
Old 09-15-2008, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck on the moose hunt.
Old 09-15-2008, 08:21 PM
Fork Horn

Have fun, good luck!
Old 09-18-2008, 07:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Who is hunting now? I have to wait till Oct. 4th!!!
Old 09-18-2008, 09:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

me too[>:]. Although I will get to try to ace some ducks and geese these next two weekends

Old 09-20-2008, 07:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Well I got out the other night with my 11 uyear old to get a couple stand's in place with some mineral lick's in some strategical place's ,so hopefully thing's work out for me . I found where the deer are entering and leaving the field and I have placed a stand right in the middle of the hardwood's in between the bedding area and the food source.
Hopefully we can come home with some moose and I'll share the pic's with you's . My season doesn't begin till Oct 1st ,so I wish you's all good luck. I'm also going to try to get our team photoadded to my signatureas well

nubo
Old 09-22-2008, 09:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys I hunted last Monday and Tuesday and then again on this Sat. I passed on several does and finally had a good buck (140" 10 pt) come by on Sat. morning. He must of been spooked by something because I heard a limb crack and looked up and he was about 20 yards away and coming to me at a trot. He came in right under my stand (literally) and slowed down for a seond and then continued on going straight away from me. He crossed a ditch and up onto a levy and I stopped him broadside at 25 yards but couldn't shoot due to some branches in the way. Dissappointing but always satisfying to see a buck like that, especially this early in the season. The bad part is that I won't get to hunt this area again until Oct. 11.
Old 09-23-2008, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

tuff break silentassassin! but at least you get to be out there lol ours starts a week from tomorrow i cant wait!!
Old 09-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: silentassassin

Well guys I hunted last Monday and Tuesday and then again on this Sat. I passed on several does and finally had a good buck (140" 10 pt) come by on Sat. morning. He must of been spooked by something because I heard a limb crack and looked up and he was about 20 yards away and coming to me at a trot. He came in right under my stand (literally) and slowed down for a seond and then continued on going straight away from me. He crossed a ditch and up onto a levy and I stopped him broadside at 25 yards but couldn't shoot due to some branches in the way. Dissappointing but always satisfying to see a buck like that, especially this early in the season. The bad part is that I won't get to hunt this area again until Oct. 11.
Thats a bummer! I feel your pain though, had the same thing happen with a big 8pt last year. Sounds like you have something to look forward too however.

Quick Reply: Offical Team The Underdogs Thread (22)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.