Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Crazy 8'S Thread (8) >

Official Team Crazy 8'S Thread (8)

Official Team Crazy 8'S Thread (8)

Old 09-25-2008, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Crazy 8'S Thread (8)

Hit the woods yesterday afternoon. Didn't see any deer until climb down, they were hanging in a large field pretty far out. I don't know which way they came from, but it wasn't past my stand. It was a perfect afternoon too, wind was just right. I don't know if my recent activity over the last week prevented them from coming by that stand or if it was the yote that posed for me at 17 yards, then again at 20, then a third time... I let him pass, I didn't want to waste my only Striker broadhead on him. I want to see if I can get a better blood trail than my 4 blade muzzys, but I'll wait for a deer. Weather is gonna keep me from getting out again until next week probably.
Old 09-27-2008, 01:05 AM

Well of course my season starts today and here I am in the hotel in Memphis, TN fixing to go to work. I should be in in time to go this afternoon though. Good luck to everyone. Let the deer season begin. hahahahahha
Old 09-29-2008, 11:37 AM
Fork Horn

Starts saturday for me.... However some bad news.... The big buck I have been watching since summer (first saw him when I was planting soybeans and knew he was a monster, brother has seen him, uncle has seen him, could set my watch by his feeding pattern) anyway.... Last week he was hit by a car.... Found out his exact measurements.... 10 pts, 24 inches wide, W/ a 3 inch droptine, not sure what his score would have been as someone else found him dead and has the rack..... I have been lazy in my scouting this year cause I had this guy pegged on his schedule... Now I will have to start all over....not happy about this
Old 09-29-2008, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys the season is almost here. Now just have to figure out which tree.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:44 PM

well guys I recieved some good news today. The only bad thing is I am only going to have tell the end of October to really get after them hard as I just got a new job today and will be starting the end of October. I am going to work for the CN Railroad and leaving CSX. I will be making about 20 to 30,000 more a year. I will be running from Fulton, Ky to Champagne, Centralia, and Chicago Ill. Maybe I can get hooked up with some Ill. guys and pick up a few places to bow hunt up there. Since all I do is bow hunt. I gave rifle and MZ up last year and moved strictly to the bow. Man I can't wait to start this new job.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:32 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats TN! You'll have to celebrate that new paycheck with a new bow!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:36 PM

ORIGINAL: jbowersox

I hear ya. Will have to buy a house where I can have just a man room as I have 4 daughters and them and thewife take up the whole house except a little room that is like 12 x 12 and already has 5 deer 1 duck, and a goose mount in it.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:46 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: TN Deer Hunter

ORIGINAL: jbowersox

I hear ya. Will have to buy a house where I can have just a man room as I have 4 daughters and them and the wife take up the whole house except a little room that is like 12 x 12 and already has 5 deer 1 duck, and a goose mount in it.
Hopefully this year will be deer #6!
Old 09-29-2008, 09:48 PM

Congrats on the new job TN!! Like jbow said, treat yourself to some archery goodies with that extra cash
Old 09-30-2008, 02:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the job TN! Guys gone to the farm be back Sunday good luck to everbody an be safe.

Quick Reply: Official Team Crazy 8'S Thread (8)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.