Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Crazy 8'S Thread (8) >

Official Team Crazy 8'S Thread (8)

Official Team Crazy 8'S Thread (8)

Old 09-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Crazy 8'S Thread (8)

Congratulations on the doe! Glad to hear the report on the Rage. I've got three I've got to use. Sounds like a nice 6 pointer.
Old 09-19-2008, 05:16 PM

Congrats on the doe BOB

12 more days
Old 09-19-2008, 11:08 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: OKbowhunter20

RIStrut, good job on the doe. It sounds like you made a good decision letting her sit a while

gtown, did you see any action tonight?
i went and sat in a stand to see how it might be for an afternoon hunt once season starts in what?? 11 days from now and i did happen to see 3 nice does and a small 6 ... i got out right b4 dark when nothin was in the area so i didnt spook anythin so ithink i found my first spot
Old 09-20-2008, 12:26 AM

hunting them hard, trying a few new spots with good potential...crabapples, few acorns on the ground, still in bachelor groups and in velvet; waiting for Mr. Big. Seen him once but with no avail. He caught wind of me thinking now with the help of an article in Matthews Bowhunting Whitetails that if your busted by a mature buck because he caught your wind you need to relocate to one of your backup spots. I think I'm going to take their advice. Hunting is hard, hard, hard, right now. It should pick up soon, were 30 days without rain that's hurting things as well. What do you fellas think I should do. Maybe I'm missing something?
Old 09-21-2008, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: AR Bowhunter

If you know where they are headed to maybe you could get in that area an get the wind right, like maybe theridge orjust another area they aretraveling through,good luck.
Would not hurt to try another area that you think he may be going through or feeding in, good luck on him.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Guys it is getting close now. Middle of next week bow season starts here.
Old 09-23-2008, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

yep oct 1 cant come soon enough
Old 09-23-2008, 11:24 PM

ORIGINAL: lnen#1

hunting them hard, trying a few new spots with good potential...crabapples, few acorns on the ground, still in bachelor groups and in velvet; waiting for Mr. Big. Seen him once but with no avail. He caught wind of me thinking now with the help of an article in Matthews Bowhunting Whitetails that if your busted by a mature buck because he caught your wind you need to relocate to one of your backup spots. I think I'm going to take their advice. Hunting is hard, hard, hard, right now. It should pick up soon, were 30 days without rain that's hurting things as well. What do you fellas think I should do. Maybe I'm missing something?
If the acorns are dropping I would find the trees they are hitting hard and set up on the downwind side. Maybe you can catch him coming in to feed, but he may come in from downwind too.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:32 AM

It is less than a week away now...................................
Old 09-25-2008, 08:35 AM
Typical Buck

I'm pumped for you guys. Can't wait to hear some more stories, see some deer down, etc, etc, etc. One month from today I will be in a tree stand doing what I love most. That two weeks I spend bowhunting in PA is the highlight of my year. Go get 'em guys!

Quick Reply: Official Team Crazy 8'S Thread (8)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.