Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36) >

Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

Old 10-27-2008, 06:26 PM

Default RE: Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

Went out this morning (monday) and saw nine deer total. 4 small bucks and 5 does. One of the bucks chasing a doe in circles around my tree. I couldnt get drawn on the doe unfortunately. I havent seen any shooters yet and havent been getting out a whole lot.
Old 10-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

i'm back from my trip to camp ripley. the weather was horrible. 40 mph winds, rain, sleet, and snow all day long yestarday. i sat in the tree from dark until dark and saw 3 deer and a bobcat. one was a small 6 point that was walking right into my tinks. the weird thing is we didn't see any deer after it stopped snowing and raining.

i have over a hundred buck pictures from my land over the last week. i've never seen anything like it. unfortunately only 2 are shooters and all but 1 of the pictures were at night. i'm sure that will change soon though.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well you guys keep geting out there and I'm sure you'll smoke one.

Too bad I he wasn't the first one I killed, but he is only my second buck with a bow and my largest buck so far

Old 10-28-2008, 06:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

Old 10-28-2008, 11:28 AM

Congrats Jim! I am just checking in, been on the road constantly for the better part of two weeks. Was up in NY hunting, saw a bunch of does and one large buck, unusually large for that area, by no means record book large. Anyway, the guys I was hunting with saw a smaller bear, not the one I posted, so he's still out there too. Along with a lot of coyote.

Going out close to home Friday morning, can't wait weather is supposed to be good. Getting out Saturday too, no hunting on Sunday in PA, so that is out.

Good luck all, keep up the good work! I think we are still leading the pack
Old 10-28-2008, 06:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

nice buck jim
Old 10-28-2008, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Jim - that is a great buck. You are having a dream season! Congrats!

today from my office I watched an 8 point walk into a swamp at about 8am and then a nice 10 point (but not as nice as bigjim's ) chase 2 does at around 1pm. drives me absolutely nuts seeing that while i'm working.

good luck these next few weeks everyone, it should be fun!
Old 10-29-2008, 12:12 PM

Rack feeling your pain, I watch several in various places on my 45 mile drive to work each day. It's painful to walk into work when I know what these intelligent creatures are doing especially when they are smarter then some of the humans I have to deal with during the day!
Old 10-29-2008, 06:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

i dont have school friday or monday so ill be hunting friday, saturday, sunday and monday. the ruts now kicking in so it should be a good hunt
Old 10-30-2008, 11:49 AM

guys good luck to all of you this weekend, I'm out tomorrow & Saturday, hope to check in Sunday with good news & pics

Quick Reply: Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.