Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36) >

Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

Community

Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

Old 10-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

congrats opel and good luck this weekend. ill be heading saturday. it should be a good hunt. we had nice cold front move in so they should be moving. and jim lets here the score on the buck
Old 10-03-2008, 06:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry guys, been going through some drama with the fiancé about our new place. Women are crazy[:-]

Anyway, scored him last night and entered it into the thread,

Left Right

H1 3 4/8 H13 1/8
H2 3H23 1/8
H3 3 H3 3 1/8
H4 2 2/8H4 3 1/8

G12 4/8
G26 2/8
G33 4/8

MB15 5/8 MB8 4/8

Greatest Inside spread:10 6/8

TOTAL=71 3/8
Old 10-03-2008, 10:48 AM

Congrats Jim, nice to see another one on the board!

Congrats on the Doe, you earned a nice BUCK for that ordeal.

We are still in doe season in PA, not getting back out until Monday. The bucks are wandering right under my stand these days, they know their season isnt open yet. Have a few nice sized one, a 13, 12, and 8 spotted,
buck opens tomorrow, but I have to go to a family thing in NY! So Monday I will be out here in PA.

3 days.
72 hours.
4,320 minutes.
259,200 seconds.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

im going out tonight to check the stands. ill be going out tomorrow. lets hope that 12 pointer comes walking by
Old 10-03-2008, 08:22 PM
Typical Buck

Well made it out after work, seen a couple does and right before dark, there he was,BONE DADDY, he is a BIG BOY!!!!! He walk across an alfalfa field and into the woods... I am Pumped....Called off work Saturday so I can hunt in the morning and evening!!!!!!!!! Hope everyone has a Great Weekend and Good Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2008, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

I got another doe this morning. I shot it back a bit but it still dropped within sight. I didn't know if it 'dropped' or just bedded down so I gave it about 6 hours. turns out it never moved. better to be safe then sorry i guess. saw a total of 3 does and 2 fawns in about an hour of hunting. it was such a nice day to be out hunting, the fall colors are at their peak, it was cool (27 degrees this am), and the deer were moving!

That's number 2 and now it's time to focus on bucks.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:24 PM

I went out this morning and didnt see a single deer, I was pretty bumbed out. Going back out Sunday morning and I'm going to try a new stand so we will see how it goes. Congrats on your second doe rack.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

went out today and saw crap load of does and turkeys. no bucks[:@]i got some footage of some of the deer. it was pretty cool out this morning but warmed up as the day progressed. it was a good day of hunting
Old 10-05-2008, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

Wow what a weekend, got called into work saturday morning just as I was leaving to go out the door to hunt, worked a half a day and hunted the evening, saw several does and 2 nice bucks, but No Bone daddy..
I got up to go hunt on sunday morning, nice and cool, got out there plenty early and got in my stand, got light and seen a Doe and twin fawns working there way up the edge of the alfalfa field going towards the corn field, then saw a coyote come out on the other side and watched momma get a little nervous, then she took her twins and went in the corn field.Then came out a real nice 10 pointer about a half hour later, he fed up the other side of the field, really nice buck. Then nothing except squirrels for the next 3 hours, then 2 fawns come out in the field and fed for most of an hour, til they also went in the corn. It was pushing 10:30 and getting warm when all the sudden there he was, BONE DADDY, on the otherside of the field heading for the corn, so I thought, half way there he detours and starts to head straight at me, at 19 yards I drew back and let an arrow fly, SMACK, he jumped and ran 80mph into the corn..
I was pretty sure of my shot, but decided to wait a couple of hours, called my girlfriend and she drove out there, we went and got something to drink, I was a mess, we got out there at around 1:00pm and it didnt take long, he only went 30 yards into the corn..WOW!!!!!!!!!!! Here he is...................

Old 10-05-2008, 06:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sir you have my respect!

Quick Reply: Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.