Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36) >

Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

Community

Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

Old 09-13-2008, 03:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Official Team 36 Thread.

opening day today in wisconsin was a bust. it rained like hell here today. they canceled the trap-shooting contest due to the rain and strong winds. i hope it'll be better weather for hunting next weekend
Old 09-14-2008, 12:26 PM

Sorry to hear that rifle hunter! You have a long season ahead of you thought, plenty of time to kill that monster.
Old 09-14-2008, 12:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

i got rained out too. i hunted this morning for a couple hours. had one deer walking through the thick stuff behind me. the deer was within 30 yards but i never saw it. when it got down wind it winded me and that was the end of the hunt. checked the cameras and things have slowed down a bit on my land as far as buck pics go. still have some in velvet though.

If the rain lets up i'm going to try and fill a doe tag tonight. there's some does coming to a corner in an alfalfa field that I have permission to hunt. i'd love to get that first doe out of the way.
Old 09-14-2008, 01:05 PM

I finally have some rack on camera. He is not a shooter yet but he certainly will be in a few years.

Old 09-14-2008, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

Well I finished all my stand hangin' in PA. This morning I started hanging stands in New York and was able to put up one...won't be back in there until opening morning. I have a few stands on reserve that won't be hung yet because of my trip to South Dakota.

With all the sign, I am thinking this will bea good year....hopefully
Old 09-15-2008, 06:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

We got all our cameras up and fixed a few other things on our lease this weekend. Five hours down there and five hours back.........and we only worked for five hours. It was a long day to say the least.
Old 09-15-2008, 09:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

i passed on a doe tonight. it was a questionable shot so i held off. she was 30 yards and quartering towards me a bit. plus, i would have had to twist a bit to get the shot off. I thought maybe she'd come closer but ended up leaving the field behind me. I'm just glad she didn't wind me. I did see a HUGE track on the edge of the field i was hunting. the tree i was in is PERFECT. I will get a deer out of that tree this year.

anyone seeing anything?
Old 09-16-2008, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: RackLuster

anyone seeing anything?
When we went to the lease on Sunday I saw:

40 to 50 hens
20 gobblers
10+ jakes
23 doe
18 fawns
0 bucks

I don't worry about the buck situation that much, we didn't see any last year before season either. Opening morning last year I saw 9 bucks and only 2 doe. I think they like to stay in the bottoms during the summer
Old 09-16-2008, 01:24 PM

sounds like a lot of wildlife out there big jim. Smart move rackluster with not taking the marginal shot. I cant wait to get in the stand.
Old 09-17-2008, 09:40 AM
Typical Buck

Hey everybody, hope everything is going good, my trip was a bust, leaving for home today, buddies kid got sick so we are headed for home, tell story later..

Quick Reply: Official Team Moki Maddness Thread (36)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.