Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20) >

Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Community

Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Old 12-14-2008, 02:41 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Sweet picture!
Old 12-14-2008, 02:44 PM
Typical Buck

I'm seeing lots of bucks running does and checking my food plot.Of course I don't have a buck tag.If you guys have never tried bowhunting the late season it can be some of the best hunting of the season it you can stay warm enough to stay on stand.Here is a buck from the other night.

Old 12-14-2008, 02:46 PM
Typical Buck

Here is another buck check for does in the plot.
Old 12-19-2008, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey guys we're in 5th place, we could have been in 3rd a week ago if Wash had scored his buck and entered it. Ive PMed him about getting it entered but got no response. I guess he's out chasin the ladies now that his deer season is over.

Anybody still huntin besides me?? I'll be out a few times yet this season. I still have tags and hope they are hittin my food plots.
Old 12-19-2008, 01:42 PM
Typical Buck

I'm still doing some hunting.The deer are not getting to the food plot untill after dark now.My brother is seeing the same at his place.There is a two day gun season starting tomorrow.I still have not made up my mind if I'm going.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I will be out a few more times, going in the morning... I might shoot a smaller buck if I get a chance just to see if we can jump up to about 2nd place.. But here lately I have seen nothing at all. The few big deer I was after this year were all taken during the gun seasons. I seen the one monster 8 in between shotgun season but couldn't seal the deal and he was taken the next week during our 2nd shotgun season..

But anyway.. I will be out a couple more times.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'll be hunting tomorrow, but I gotta come home tomorrw night. I don't think I could take it Sunday with 10* and 30 mph winds anyhow.

I don't think I have ever seen a season with so many windy days as this year. It seems like every time I go out lately I'm hanging on to the tree for dear life. Heck, I even sat on the ground a few times cause the trees were shaking so bad I'd never hit one out of it anyhow.
Old 12-20-2008, 10:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ya I'm with ya.. I can't stand the wind and might not hunt much on Sunday.. I went out this morning and had deer all around me before light but as the darkness went away so did the deer.. About 8am I seen a big old buck but he was too far, I got down to stalk the deer and followed him as far as property lines would let me, watched him bed down in tall grass a couple hundred yards too far.. oh well.. There are bid deer on this property but I can't seem to get in the travel route. (property restrictions)

I have another piece of ground I got permission for just a few weeks ago, was going to old off until next year but I might try to hunt it this evening. That's what climbers are for I guess.
Old 12-22-2008, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

Our two day gun season was this weekend.We never saw an orange warrior either day.There is a four day muzzle loader season right after christmas.I don't look for much pressure in my areas from that.I might break out the hawkin on the last day myself.I have not hunted with it in a few years.Might be fun to see some smoke fly.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well guys I think Wash has abandened us. He never did score his buck and enter it. I pmed him about it and never got a response. His last post was Dec. 9. He did log on yesterday but no posts. I guess he's not the team player kind. Thanks for nothin Dan!!

It would be nice to have his score and jump up another spot in the standings. We could have been in third at one point with his score.

Good luck to anybody still chasin em. I'l be out a few more times this season myself. Still have tags to fill, and I know a couple of guys that want some meat. So I'm gonna see if I can fill a couple more freezers.

Quick Reply: Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.