Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > The Archives > The Archives > 2008 Deer Bowhunting Contest
 Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20) >

Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Community

Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Old 12-01-2008, 09:57 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Dan:

Your buck should be fairly easy to score.

Do a search of Buckeye's threads RE: scoring your rack at home.....or PM me if you have specific questions. It shouldn't take more than 10 minutes to complete it. If you don't have a sewing kit tape measure.....you can use a piece of string and reference it to a yardstick or a standard tape measure.

I could tell you what it is.....if you just wanna go with that.....lol.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Here ya go Dan

http://www.pope-young.org/pdfs/ScoreSheets/wtc_typical_r6-2008.pdf
Old 12-05-2008, 12:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well fellas, I won't be posting as much for awhile. I lost my job about a week ago and I don't have access to a computer at home. The only time I get to logon is when the family gets together at one of the parents houses. I tell ya what, this economy is really hurting my community here in NE Oklahoma. I've been to the unemployment office and several staffing agencies, and it's standing room only every time. Really scares the hell out of me. This couldn't have come at a worse time, but I've got a degree (not that it matters as much as it used to) and a few prospects working, so hopefully it won't be long till I'm back in the saddle. Anyway, I just thought I'd let you know my circumstance so you wouldn't think I've just dropped off the forums. Good luck to the rest of you, and have a happy holiday in case I don't get back on till after they've passed.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear about that Chris, hope everything works out for you.

As for me, I was finally was able to get a deer with my muzzleloader this am. Just a little doe-fawn but she'll eat good.

I was hunting in a State Park that has a gun season until Dec. 10. They only give out 30 permits for the whole park because the deer numbers are out of balance in there.

I've seen more deer in there than my entire group saw all the 9 day gun season. [&:]

Old 12-07-2008, 07:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Anybody hunting or is too cold for you guys? [8D]

Headed back out with themuzzleloader tomorrow looking for a buck or another doe, whatever comes first.
Old 12-07-2008, 08:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

I hunted Thursday-Sunday with my ML, didn't see anything I really wanted to shoot.

And yes it was damn cold out there!!

Hey Dan, are you ever gonna score that buck you got? It shouldn't really ba that hard. He looks to be a straight typical. I posted the P&Y instructions a few posts back. We could use the points to jump up another spot in the standings.

And you need to let Rob know when you do post it. He doesn't go back and check on the post score laters.

Sorry to hear the news Chris, Its happening a lot around here too. My brother in law lost his 2 weeks ago.

Way to go with the ML Lance. I'm still looking for my first kill with one. Maybe next weekend.
Old 12-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck to you John.

I gotta tell ya, the rush you get taking a animal with the smokepole is different than with a bow. I've never felt a rush quite like that.

Don't know how to quite explain it but there's something about the bang and the big ol' pile of smoke that just jacks ya up! It's awesome!

Good luck to everyone else aswell.

Old 12-08-2008, 12:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

No luck this am.

Tons of tracks, but no deer to show.

No hunting tomorrow as we are expecting 8-10" of white death tonight threw tomorrow night.

Muzzleloader season closes Dec 10. so I will be back with the bow until Jan 4.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:45 AM
Typical Buck

I'm still seeing lots of deer.They are hitting the turnip plot big time.Lots of scrapes going down as the bucks are searching for does for the secoundary rut.
Old 12-11-2008, 05:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

What a tough afternoon of hunting.

First mytruck gets stuck in a ditch, had to get my buddy to pull me out. That itself took a hour.

Then I had to walk a mile and a halfthrew knee deep snow with a bow, backpack, and a climber on my back. That was a very, verytough walk, im sore.

By the time I got to my spot, I only had an hour to hunt! I got there at 12:15 and finally got settled in the tree a little after 3:00! SOB!!!!

After sitting that hour in very cold temps with the wind blowing at 15 to make that painful stinging cold on your bodyand not seeing a deer I was just pissed.

But on my walk out it dawned on me way we do this, it was right in front of my eyes....................

Quick Reply: Official Team Ribcage Rampage Thread (20)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.